What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I have got this since the summer. I listen to a lot of different music. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Good mix of stuff in there, nice!

1 Like

christmassy vinyl…

6 Likes

Jackie McLean - Destination, Blue Note/Classic (2022) PRE ORDER

6 Likes

Benny Carter & His Orchestra - Further Definitions, Impulse (2019)

6 Likes

Great album, Bob. I might even be persuaded to buy a copy on vinyl. You’ll have to let us know what it’s like when it arrives.

That’s a beast of a turntable, from what I can see. I can’t find the full details on your profile, so would you be kind enough to share, please?

1 Like

Hi, @anon70766008 !
It´s a L’Art du Son/Martina Schöner restored Garrard 401/Archivist Power Supply for TT/L‘Art du Son Transcription Reference Tonarm (built to specifications Origin Live Enterprise 10")/Lyra Atlas Lambda.

Regards,

15 Likes

Never get tired looking at that TT. What a lovely machine.

1 Like

That is the antithesis of the oil rig types that some people like. What a lovely machine.

2 Likes

It is, as I said, a beast.

Is there any reason for the plinth to be quite so deep? Sheer mass, maybe, to deaden acoustic vibration?

I wonder how that would match up against the Solstice?

Have an uptick for the turntable :grinning:

By all means please continue the conversation over on the Show us your Turntable thread, however, please note that this thread is to tell us about your latest vinyl LP purchase. Thanks.

2 Likes

Just bought these two from the local hospice shop. Both are UK first pressings, both in very nice nick.

13 Likes

Picked up Uprising thanks to your tip. Already have the Kaya one. Really like the Bob Marley sound half speed done - it works v well - deeeep bass and high highs.

1 Like

Agreed I have Survival, Kaya & Uprising on Abbey Rd Half Speed so far and all three are very good.

This maybe the best blues album ever made 1965.(Snatch it Back and Hold it) 45rpm version.

9 Likes

Midori Takada Through the looking glass is the most interesting records I came across recently - the 45 cut by Frederic Stader with great dynamics -

5 Likes

Great album and recording - I’m still listening to my copy bought in the late sixties, but I wonder what a 45 rpm copy would sound like! My copy has someone called Friendly Chap on guitar - I’m not sure if he was still contracted to Chess then or had signed with Vanguard.

If you like that, you should listen to this Buddy Guy album from that period - if you haven’t already. The psychedelic cover was just a marketing ploy - it’s first rate modern Chicago blues.

5 Likes

Album of the year arrived just in time. Irreversible Entanglements Open the Gates. It’s going to have to go some to live up to the description on the OBI strip - not that I have a clue what half of it means!

2 Likes