What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Arrived in the post today from Pure Pleasure Records : )

6 Likes

Pricey but the best record sonically I’ve bought in a long time as good as anything I already own.

Uploading: 26C77D18-C885-40F9-8692-88F5F9960F2B.jpeg…

5 Likes

I’ve just taken delivery of ‘You Make It Feel Like Christmas’, a 2LP set by the very lovely Gwen Stefani, vocalist of No Doubt, pressed on pure white vinyl.

I have this, probably bought in 1970 or so in a Smiths sale, great album!

1 Like

The post-Christmas sales at Smiths were a great place to pick up bargains, back in the past!

An Archie Shepp I’d not heard, apart from the Malcom, Malcolm track : Fire Music 1965, reissue.

And for the sheer novelty of having a 7":
Attica Blues

3 Likes

I can remember whole racks of stuff in the 70s at 50p a shot. Whole battalions of Atlantic/Stax etc. US deletions.

Yamamoto, Tsuyoshi Trio - Misty, Three Blind Mice/Impex (2017)

If this sounds anything as good as Midnight Sugar then I’m in for a treat.

3 Likes

Further Definitions by Benny Carter arrived today not at all bad for £7 sold at that price due to a bent cover. It says from the original tapes on the sticker but can find anymore about it’s origin but it’s as flat as a pancake, dead quite and sounds excellent.

5 Likes

Haven’t bought much vinyl for a while but a trip to Leeds to see daughter #1 resulted in me spending shed loads on her and getting a little something for myself

6 Likes

Bought it weeks ago, only just arrived:

1 Like

Bert’s “Blue Album” is a desert island disc for me, well done!

Martin Freeman & Eddie Piller - Soul On The Corner, Acid Jazz (2019)

Didn’t even know that this excellent compilation existed until earlier today I’d heard of the Jazz On The Corner but this Soul version has some really special records.
R-13581125-1556902276-8479.jpeg

7 Likes

John Coltrane - Coltrane, Prestige OJC Mono (2011)

8 Likes

I thought I was done for the year but managed to sneak another couple under the wire

4 Likes

Quartet - Russ Freeman, Chet Baker, Pacific Jazz Mono RE (1985)

3 Likes

This arrived today, I’d almost given up getting one.

I have another copy on order from a 3rd party seller on Amazon - 3 weeks+, dispatched but no sign of it - Whistl is the courier apparently, well that’s what I’m doing waiting!

Came back in stock on Amazon itself and here within 48 hours, though nearly self-combusted as it had somehow obtained a diesel or petrol stain on the packaging which I’m hoping has not penetrated the polythene liner!

@Richard.Dane

*** Is there an issue currently with processing image uploads ***

I’ve had image upload issues today, yes. I’ve informed our web developer about it. What OS and browser are you using AC?

macOS High Sierra, Safari 13.1.2.

Tried JPG and PNG, both just sit there ‘processing’. Doubt it’s image size but can check if needed.

Never normally have issues, assuming not an incompatability suspect it will be resolved quickly but shows how visuals are helpful/enriching (even if no one apart from the Naim Floor fanclub like the music! :rofl:).

Ok, that’s the same for me too.

1 Like