What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Are you going to tell us what it is @Alley_Cat ?

If we’re taking bets mine is on something by Nightwish.

Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue, Bethlehem RM, RE (2021)

Nothing to compare it with as it’s my first and only copy but definitely up to KG’s normal standard nicely presented in thick period style cover.

5 Likes

Dexter Gordon - Daddy Plays The Horn, Bethlehem (2022) PRE ORDER

6 Likes

Early Christmas present to myself…

Commemorating Pearl’s 50th anniversary in collaboration with SME/Legacy Recordings, mastered from the original master tapes, cut at 45RPM, pressed on MoFi SuperVinyl at RTI.

This sounds better than my first press original, more bass, midrange, smother (warmer)
in the vocals.

7 Likes

Still seeing this today.

Happy now that I held off buying a Vinyl copy of this earlier. I wanted the MoFi, but wouldn’t go as far as the ultra expensive one-step release. Fortunately, it seems they’ve just reissued a new batch of the £40ish version. Santa will deliver on 25th…

13 Likes

s-l1600

just arrived - not played yet

1 Like

The War On Drugs - Live Drugs

7 Likes

Two LP copies of Martha Argerich’s intended debut for EMI arrived chez moi this morning. Recorded, but not released, by EMI in 1965, before MA signed for DGG. Her first DGG record was pretty much the same programme that she had recorded for EMI a couple of years before. The EMI record was released much, much later

It will be fascinating to compare the two side by side, once I have the new Dynavector fitted to the LP12/Aro.

(The second copy of the EMI disc is for my son to go with his ‘new’ LP12, which he doesn’t know about yet.)

3 Likes

Pharoah Sanders - Moon Child, Timeless/MOV (2022) Ltd Edition

I’m not a lover of coloured vinyl but this purple record is dead flat and sounds excellent the cover is really nicely done too.

2 Likes

A really good live album. I play it a lot

Last (and best) of the year. Not sure how I missed it when it came out this summer but making up for it now.

1 Like

It arrived today. Playing it now and what a superb pressing it is, it sounds great

Works in Brave browser but not Safari:

Version 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (x86_64)

2 Likes

As above - my lost copy ordered about 6 weeks ago turned up from Whistl today!

Joe Henderson - The Sate Of The Tenor Live at the Village Vanguard, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2019)

7 Likes

Joe Pass - For Django, Pacific Jazz /Tone Poet (2022) PRE ORDER

Really look forward to this one.

4 Likes

Still a novelty and surprise at what a little 7" vinyl can produce. This single is perfectly quiet and really does sound good. Don’t like Sam Smith’s voice, but it does work on this track for me.

Excellent sounding vinyl. Read lots reviews online stating it’s poor with sibilence. Perhaps they should buy an LP12, because it’s excellent.

Remastered by Bernie Grundman

9 Likes