What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Chet Baker & Steve Houben - Chet Baker & Steve Houben, Carrere (1980)

First rate pressing, mastering and music it’s one of those records that you’d never expect to sound as good as it does. Cheap thin cover, flimsy Vinyl but it’s first rate.

4 Likes

Playing it now Christmas morning here- Of Monsters and Men

A few Christmas gifts from my other half.

John Coltrane - Another Side Of, Craft (2021)

The Upsetters - Super Ape, Island RE (2013)

Leroy Hutton - The Man, Acid Jazz RE (2018)

3 Likes

Has she forgotten to put on her kecks?

1 Like

Santa was extremely generous this year! Looking forward to listening to these. The Aretha SACD is a mistake though. Thought it was Vinyl…
I’ll need to have that one sent back to the North Pole.

10 Likes

A couple of presents to myself arriving next week.

Nina Simone - Pastel Blues, Verve/Acoustic Sounds (2021)

Sonny Rollins - Sonny Rollins on Impulse, Impulse/Acoustic Sounds (2021)

5 Likes

Another nice surprise pressing this 1985 Spanish reissue was a bit of a punt at £13 inc postage but turned up still sealed in its original pvc bag and in time warp mint condition and sounding excellent.

2 Likes

This looks really good, but from where do I order it? It’s possible on the US blue note store, but on the UK store it doesn’t seem to exist. I’m clearly not looking in the right place. There are several Tone Poets I like the look of.

I actually ordered it from Amazon France I’ve bought quite a few records from them and postage is reasonable at about £3 and VAT is either not applicable or already paid.

I think the total delivered was about £32.

Thanks, I’ve followed your lead. The only challenge was avoiding signing up to Prime with all the options en francais. Heaven knows why it’s not available from the U.K. Blue Note store. Most odd.

1 Like

Chet Baker & The Lighthouse All Stars - Witchdoctor, Contemporary/Boplicity (1986)

4 Likes

These arrived on Christmas morning.

The Chess album is a Pure Pleasure remaster and sounds wonderful.

5 Likes

Nice find in the local HMV

7 Likes

Xmas swag :christmas_tree:. Love them all!

7 Likes

I had a bit of a spree on Amazon just now, and bought two LPs on DGG, Friedrich Gulda playing Mozart Piano Concertos 20 and 21 (on the first) and 25 and 27 (on the other), all played by the wonderful Wiener Philharmoniker conducted by Claudio Abbado.

1 Like

Hi My Groove man played this to me from a very old pressing which was very, very noisy but great fun to listen to, in fact it has been stuck in my head ever since . I was very lucky that I found this pressing available (Brand new) and is just fantastic to listen to. I had to give it a good wash after the first listening session as it had quite a few pops and one of the tracks got stuck half way thru when being played back, in fact the record looked quite clean until I washed it and I was very surprised to see the amount of debris and muck that came out of it. It now plays just perfect less the noise. It still retains The same sound of Junior Wells getting too close to the mic at times and the live placement of the musicians is still the same. Great fun & Highly recommended.

Have a great New Year

WolF

Arrived here this morning:

3 Likes

Thinking about it - any good ? (got the original CD)

1 Like

Chico Freeman - Spirit Sensitive, India Navigation/Paddle Wheel (1980)
King Records, Japan reissue.

3 Likes