What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Yes, I have the SC reissue. It’s good, if not quite stellar, but then I lost my original many years ago back in the States so haven’t anything too directly compare against.

2 Likes

I have read that the original Sterling Sound mastered (?) Is still the best but I think hard to find for sensible money?

1 Like

I had the US issue, probably not a first, but late '70s or early '80s. It was never anything stand-out sound wise. The SC is probably a bit better, but I think that the production of this album was never top notch. The SC is good and is relatively cheap, so worth a go I reckon.

2 Likes

I just read a review which compared the SC to an original Robert Ludwig Sterling Sound cut (link from Pure Pleasures website) the SC is mastered by Ray Staff at Air and gets this reviewers recomendation his (Ray Staff) work is usually good ime

Anyway it’s out of stock at the mo but when it’s back I might have a punt
Cheers
:heart:

2 Likes

The 10 inch boxset.
Won’t be able to play it for a few days, but looking forward to the ritual.

5 Likes

Just digging out my copy - it’s a 1975 on Arista. Always wondered if my 70s/80s vinyl was worth much!

Peter

1 Like

ordered it based on this forums advice - great album

Duke Ellington & John Coltrane - Duke Ellington & John Coltrane, Impulse/Acoustic Sounds (2022) PRE ORDER

The excellent Coltrane & Ellington is the fourth Impulse/Acoustic Sounds Coltrane release for 2022 of the four only Live at the Village Vanguard although highly regarded isn’t my thing Crescent and with Johnny Hartman I’ve already pre ordered and if they are all anything like the previous AS Coltrane releases A Love Supreme and Ballads then we’re in for a treat.

Considered by some as not his best work I really enjoy these earlier Impulse releases where Coltrane isn’t so full throttle the Ellington, Hartman and to some extent Ballads where apparently recorded whilst Coltrane was suffering a lack of confidence and so where ‘easy’ and gave the new Impulse label some material from their first and star attraction to release.

5 Likes

On limited edition white vinyl… :sunglasses:

Looks scary!

@anon4489532 Happy New Year to you and your family HH I’ve just seen the Tone Poet release For Django is now available on Amazon UK.

It’s easy enough to cancel the order on Amazon France should you wish to do so and re order on the UK site the price is the virtually the same but of course depending on where the in the UK these records are dispatched from it might have to travel less.

Thanks for the tip. I’ve duly annulled the French order and reordered from the U.K. It seems less risky and will be easier to return should it prove to be faulty. I have finally tracked down a Craft copy of Chet, which is en route from the US at great expense. It’s all good fun. Happy New Year to you and yours.

That’s great! Chet is probably my favourite of the four Riverside releases some great sidemen on that record so no doubt you’ll enjoy.

Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue
Disappointing my copy is badly off centre on side one, shame as it otherwise sounds very good on side b
Edit I’m told by the shop that they have also had Black vinyl copies returned due to warping.

Anyone else had issues?
:heart:

These four, yesterday and today from my main record store.

1 Like

Bought this yesterday. So much good music❤️

Dropped by at IKEA and bought these two Eket shelves. Like them so much that we will get a few more.

Right now it is chaos in the living room.

5 Likes

This arrived earlier. I’ve not played it yet, but it looks good.

6 Likes

Perfectly flat, perfectly quiet and great sounding. Very happy.

13 Likes

Sorry to hear that. My black vinyl pressing was spot-on.

Thanks Richard, then I will try another source. Diverse vinyl told me their Black stock are warped
:+1: