What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Nice. I have an original Gris Gris…but might grab the new reissue

1 Like

A good Brighton vinyl haul there Kev. Still got my minty copy of this album bought from Wax Factor on Trafalgar St many moons ago. There used to be a quite a few good 2nd hand record shops dotted about in Brighton, but WF seemed to have the better stock I seem to remember.

1 Like

This arrived last night - I gave it to my girlfriend as a present and it turns out she’d been browsing her favorite online record store looking for it earlier in the day!

wow what a record!

Peace In Essaouira (For Sonny Sharrock) is my favorite track

2 Likes

Foo Fighters - Medium Rare - 2011 Sony / Record Store Day Limited Edition LP / 88697 84798 1

This was the last one, for my son.

1 Like

On my way home with Stonehenged,by Ten Years After,new RTI mono pressing on purple vinyl.

The best in Brighton, @YetiZone, is Monkey Music Emporium on Baker Street (?). Sadly they are closing down this weekend as the owner is moving to Holland. Wax Factor’s still there and going strong.

1 Like

All brand new, £13 each from Fopp in Cambridge Circus (Wire, 154 and Chairs Missing; Massive Attack, Protection):

2 Likes

51jj3OMv5EL

Can’t wait to get my LP12 back so I can start spinning all this new (and new old) vinyl…

7 Likes

3 in 1 picture.
No longer any Naim in my system so a hidden systempic. This Gong album is latest I bought and been it playing al afternoon.
Tu veux un camembert?

8 Likes

SS500

Big Big Train - English Electric on ltd light blue vinyl…

4 Likes

and

The Pineapple Thief LP is a picture disk which looks great and sounds like frying bacon. The music is great but the surface noise makes it unlistenable.

1 Like

Graham, I have the TPF album on normal black vinyl and it sounds great, maybe see if you can swap it? :+1:

Yup will do. I bought it from Rockbox so I’ll pop back and have a chat. I stupidly didn’t pay attention to notice it was a picture disk. Good to know that the regular LP sounds great.

Andy I need to give you back your drill and other bits and bobs you lent me “years ago” when I was thinking about a wall shelf. They’re sitting on the window sill in the lounge… In the end plans changed and luckily I didn’t go for the shelf as I changed the deck :smile:

Oh yeah, forgot all about those!:laughing:

I can either drop them back or you can bring a few records round for a listening session

Would also be interested in seeing the Audio Desk RCM as well if you decide to get one!:+1:

I’m still at the “thinking” stage at the moment. But it usually doesn’t take me long to move from thinking to purchasing :):joy:

Its a long story but I am hoping to be in a position to purchase one myself in a couple of months along with several upgrades to the LP12, one being a Kandid so want a better RCM than the Moth.

1 Like

The reviews generally seem very positive. I originally looked at them when they were first launched and there wasn’t a distributor or dealer in the UK. I wasn’t keen dealing direct with Germany in case of any post sale issues. Now the pro version is available with many enhancements and improvements.