What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Yes read somewhere you need to get the latest 2019 model to get the latest improvements…

Was the concert good? I do like Marissa Nadler

Censored version of the cover to avoid getting in to trouble :grin:

7 Likes

SS500

Big Big Train - English Electric Pt2 on ltd orange vinyl…

4 Likes

314yl5eSf%20L

Another 2 from the HMV Maidstone 2 for £25

6 Likes

Ok, my First Foray into Classical Vinyl LPs!!! & I must say I enjoy the drama of this LP! I would be interested in others that have a lot of dramatic feel. Although, I don’t like the loud & brash drama but rather, the lower/slower paced dramatic music. Any ideas?

3 Likes

Rather annoyingly the URL on the card with the album to redeem the downloads gives a 404 page not found error

Specials 40th Anniversary Abbey Road 45rpm double album.

Peter

Very good, though I was surprised that the Neptune (in Seattle) wasn’t sold out: it’s not a big venue, and I would have thought that any one of those three artists would have easily sold it out, and at much higher ticket prices.

I bought Marissa Nadler’s LP July a while back, based on recommendations, and it’s still in my to-be-played pile. I’ll definitely be unwrapping it soon.

Thanks, if they aren’t selling out in the USA, I guess there will be no UK tour :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

RE the Dire Straits - Communique I posted about a few posts up, the re-mastering job they have done on it and the pressing are both superb, the record sounds terrific

2 Likes

Visited Rockbox again yesterday

3 Likes

1 Like

An Abbey Road half speed master and £12.99 in store at HMV. Comes with a poly liner as well as a card inner with the artwork and a download card. The version of Kraftwerk’s Hall of Mirrors is very good indeed.

6 Likes

Really pushing the boat out at HMV in the clearance section

15 Likes

“I’ll just pop into HMV!”… and proved quite an expensive browsing session…

Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis (Abbey Road Half Speed Master pressing).

Lana Del Rey - NFR (blue vinyl).

Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Part 2 (orange vinyl).

Love - Forever Changes (Rhino Anniversary pressing).

8 Likes

I wonder how that Dusty In Memphis half speed compares ?
How does it sound to you ?

I’m also curious about the DiM Half-speed. I felt that the reissue from a couple of years back sounded very good. It was also very inexpensive - £8 IIRC.

The latest Dusty in Memphis release sounds generally very good indeed. It’s a nice flat pressing, perfectly centred, but frustratingly, a little more surface noise between tracks than expected. Surprising for an Abbey Road remaster. Played after a single cleaning pass on my Okki Nokki with L’Art du Son. Will give it another clean to try and remove those last few clicks & pops, even though they were only minor and didn’t detract from the listening experience.

Unfortunately I don’t have any other vinyl copies to compare it to, just an old CD rip.

1 Like

Lisa O’Neill - fanatstic album on high quality quiet vinyl. She was a nominee at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards but sadly didn’t win.

1 Like