What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

MoFi, One Step, UHQR etc?

Supposed to have been mattered from the original tape. Will clean and check it out.

4 Likes

Have you got Nightbird (?), as this is an extended version of LABA (I think the complete set of the performance?).

These 4….

8 Likes

Yes have that- amazing recording. Now need to clean this and have a listen this evening :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Picked these up yesterday…

10 Likes

Sonny Red - Out of the Blue, Blue Note /Tone Poet PRE ORDER (2022)

Fantastic record hope this can improve on my Classic Records copy. I’ve been looking forward to this since the list of Tone Poets came out.

4 Likes

From the local hospice shop (clockwise, top left): Blondie, Eat To The Beat; Xmal Deutschland – Fetisch; The Walker Brothers, Music For The Millions; and Stranglers IV. All UK first presses.

9 Likes

7 Likes

£3.88 on the river including 15% off plus £20.00 off discount for just visiting my account details.
Result!:sunglasses:

15 Likes

Dexter Gordon Quartet - Live in Chateauvallon 1978, Elemental Music (2020)

This RSD release of a ‘Lost Recording’ from a couple of years ago has received some excellent reviews and though pressed at GZ the pressing has also got very pleasing feedback. Really looking forward to hearing this and for the £6.70 it cost I’m sure it will be a welcome addition.

3 Likes

Nirvana Unplugged is one of the best live acoustic records I own Kurt is absolutely incredible on this recording his version of Bowie’s The Man Who… usually get’s all the plaudits but the version of Leadbelly’s Where Did You Sleep Last Night is just beautiful.

3 Likes

Agreed 100%.

WDYSLN acoustic is one of my all time favourite songs and a test track when I demo new equipment.

1 Like

They use to have a bad rep but I have many fine GZ pressings. Theres an interesting YouTube video of Michael Fremer visiting GZ some years back (Analogue Planet channel)

From my local independent record shop…

3 Likes

Josef K - Sorry For Laughing including a bonus CD of early demos.

1 Like

Jill Scott. This just arrived from the US. A slight edge warp and not quite dead centre, but perfectly acceptable. Can it really already be 20 years…??

5 Likes

Grant Green - The Latin Bit, Blue Note/Tone Poet PRE ORDER (2022)

7 Likes

waxatmoorgate seem good sh prices.
cold outside so 4 in a go…
Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 19.32.56

1 Like

Absolutely love this album

1 Like