What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

All the way from X-Ray in France. Gonna annoy the neighbours later :stuck_out_tongue:

Whoa, and now it’s on the TT, sounds great!

1 Like

99p Charity Shop buy. Amazingly vivid, edge of your seat sound here. Typical of this Decca series. IME there are a fair few of this ‘World of the great classics’ series to be had in Charity shops or online and they are always fine interpretations and great sounding. Highly recommended if you come across any and can stomach the inevitable scratches and pops.
Very dodgy cover in this case, but the music is :blush:

5 Likes

This arrived earlier today. Presto had it on offer, which was nice.

6 Likes

Good shout HH. Ordered a copy

Free delivery too.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane Hi Richard, Just to let you and anybody else that has ordered the Miles Davis UHQR from Miles Davis store that I received my shipping notice yesterday.

Fingers crossed now!!

1 Like

Got mine last week, most of the Acoustic Sounds Series re issues are superb. When they announced the first few titles I did let out a bit of a groan, not those same old chestnuts again but since they’ve done some great titles and some great ones still to come
Push come to shove my favourite so far is Oliver Nelson - Blues And The Abstract Truth which just happens to be one of my favourite Jazz albums period
:heart:

3 Likes

Thanks Prem. I received my shipping notice too, so good news all round.

2 Likes

Just checked and mine is on the way too!

3 Likes

Hi @Premmyboy – I got a despatch notice as well. Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

One of my all time favourites!.. enjoy :relaxed:

A friendly reminder for all waiting for the Kob album: slide out the vinyl first, then gently open the gatefold.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

These arrived over Xmas - via Santa - from my lovely daughter.
(So, not bought. Does that count)?

Anyway, first, I’m NOT a TS fan. I would even go as far as saying “TS is not for me”. However, a close friend recommended these two albums to me. So, listened on a streaming platform. Enough to know we had to have these. So put them in my Christmas list. My daughter being a TS follower - maybe TS’s more usual target market - then being the clever person to understand the importance here.

Such a wonderful, simple production. Well written and emotionally mature lyrics. When I’m listening to these, I’m hearing all the other artists that have contributed too. Mostly Arron Dessner, from the National. (I’m big fan of these guys). Cameo’s from Bon Iver, Haim and others too.

So, the two albums are wonderful collaboration and showing TS again adapting and changing styles to appeal to a different audience (this time, like me).

Also, a great advert for “less is more”. Some of the tracks are just a voice and one or few acoustic instruments. Lastly, a very nice studio production, (that plays very well on a decent TT). It’s a pleasure to listen.

These two albums are brilliant.
Maybe a modern classic.

If you like “folk”, “indie rock”, or just well written songs, give it a go…

My wife (she’s also my best friend) agrees. Both albums have been getting a lot of play. Particularly “Coney Island”, which is such a sad, but lovely duet, with TS and Matt Berninger, backed by the other The National band members.

As these were a gift from my daughter, they will always be treasured so much more.

12 Likes

From Juno records and The Royal Mail excellent next day service as usual
Continuing my discovery of the Nimbus West label via the excellent Pure Pleasure re-issues

Horace Tapscot - Live At Lobero Vols 1 & 2

Looking forward to getting these on the gramophone
:heart:

4 Likes

Me too. 8 months later….

1 Like

15 bags of vinyl from a mate. Lots of naff but some real quality. Led Zep 1 two a1/b1 plum label,early plum Zep 2 first press Zep 3 early plum Zep 4, Two first press of Sabbath MOR. To many others to mention. Going to take ages to go through all of it.

15 Likes

Looks like a great score Steve. Hope they are all as good as they look :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hope you have a good cleaning set-up :+1:

1 Like

Me too let’s hope it’s worth the wait.

1 Like

@ratrat If you like folklore and evermore have a listen to red (taylors version) you will probably like htat as well. Make sure it is taylors version though not the original !

1 Like