What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Every Time I Die «Radical».

Yes, thanks - it’s been in my Amazon basket - and HMV also claim have stock at the same price. But apart from my predilection against Amazon in general I object to their premium pricing - correct price seems to £30. Anyhow I have ordered now from an eBay trader.

“Anyhow I have ordered now from an eBay trader.”

Best of luck with the post then. Royal Mail is a disaster currently. I reckon they must be building a mountain of undelivered mail. I’m still waiting for stuff from mid-December.

1 Like

Interesting use of the word ‘fun.’ :smile:

She’s loves sorting through vinyl. Can’t keep her out of record shops.

1 Like

Well - fingers crossed. I have heard about the delays on the radio and I wonder if it’s localised as there doesn’t seem to a real issue round here at the moment. I hope your post arrives soon.

1 Like

Royal Mail delays vary across the country, it’s down to staff shortage & absence due to Covid. I’m my area the service is still great. Of course some online suppliers of goods and services are seeking to blame the Royal Mail for their own problems

1 Like

Its is localised see my comment to Clive above.
I worked for RM for over 30 years and was very active in the union.

I see you’ve ordered from Ebay now, did you try the Decca shop I linked?

She doesnt luck very happy!

I had a Christmas card delivered yesterday …

1 Like

I get the Radio Times on subscription and have only received one of the last four editions, but that was received two weeks too late! It went straight in the recycling.

1 Like

Yes, I had looked before and they were sold out.

Pity, I just had a look the other titles appear still in stock.
The Tubby Hayes Fontana box is really good but I see their asking £200, I’m sure I paid less than half that first time around a couple of years or so back

@Dreadatthecontrols that probably because she’d got to the box I was supposed to be sorting. I’d just stuck things in randomly when she’d spent ages sorting everything in to artists :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

:joy:

Marcia Griffiths - Play Me Sweet And Nice (Bewith records)

An interesting label I bought a title from previously as a punt and was pretty good, Ian Carrs Nucleus - Roots.

This time it’s the queen of Jamaican music, the great Marcia Griffiths classic soulful 1974 outing presented here with its correct original track listing and a second LP of “rare” tracks.

Probably digitally sourced but decent sound and pressings (Record Industry)

:heart:

1 Like

Ho hum.
Unable to post image.

A friend’s order ( 4 copies! ) finally arrived just before xmas. I got to hear it against an older European reissue and it was clearly better in terms of saturated tonal colours and detail retrieval. I’ve done the 3 way shoot out back home with Mofi, Classic '97 and '2002 reissue. The one to beat is the original '97 Classic reissue which AP used the same time-corrected side A master for this latest UHQR reissue.

Also another friend ordered it back in the US. He ended up returning it 2 times due to a production flaw. ( Acoustic Sound was rather nice about it but ironic since they made so much fuss about the superior QC! )

My friend’s copy was generally quiet but had a few pops and clicks on a tail end of Freddie Freeloader even after cleaned. ( no ultrasonic cleaning tho )

Has anyone compared it to other pressing?

4 Likes

I think you mean the '95 Classic?

As I understand it the UHQR is mastered from the same metal parts as the Classic, the difference with the UHQR is just the “clarity vinyl”, the manual finebilt press, nice package and a sprinkle of hyperbole?

I was playing my Classic just last night, I personally dont feel the need to “upgrade”

:heart:

1 Like