What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Yes mine too Richard.

@Dreadatthecontrols - when I close the gatefold, the front cover overlaps the back cover by c.3mm - not a big issue, but not something I’ve experienced on past TP gatefold releases - and not something we expect given the premium we pay.

1 Like

I received my copy of ‘Places and Spaces’ last week - and I’m very much enjoying it.

I also purchased Bobbi Humphrey’s ‘Fancy Dancer’ late last year - fabulous reissue, but only noticed recently that the Blue Note label on my version claims it is ‘Places and Spaces’ by Donald Byrd. Too late to send back - and I’ve no complaints with the SQ or the music.

I believe Blue Note re-issued the two LPs simultaneously - a mix up at the pressing plant.

Anyhow, I do recommend ‘Fancy Dancer’ - great groove.

3 Likes

Yes unfortunately Wax Time because they publish very little or no info regarding source material they do get lumped in with DOL, Doxy etc but I can only vouch for the ones I have and they are ok.

I’m not saying rush out and buy the Wax Time back catalogue but as I said above if you are on a budget or don’t want to spend a great deal ime Wax Time are ok and superior to Doxy, Dol etc which I really dislike.

Certainly if the packaging is anything to go by, it looks as if Mr Bongo has hit it out of the park. From the photos I have seen on Discogs, I would be hard pressed to tell this reissue from an NOS first press.

Why can’t all reissues be this good?

1 Like

51cOhRth4lL
51ycB6F+41L

2 Likes

No not on mine, maybe theres few that didnt get quite manufactured right.

The pressing is fine and silent, gatefold, replica Vertigo swirl and top loading sleeve.
Half Speed mastered by Miles Showell at Abbey Rd.
I dont have original to compare, sounds good to me though, sleeve image perhaps lacks a bit of focus but thats not unusual for re issues

1 Like

This may interest you @Isca_Dumnoniorum I’m not allowed to post a direct link to another forum but I’ve just read a thread where someone compared pressings of Brubeck’s Bossa Nova a Speakers Corner, a 45rpm 2xlp set pressed at QRP so I’m guessing an Analogue Productions and lastly a Waxtime Coloured Vinyl.

The QRP beat the SC but then he placed the Waxtime and the QRP almost neck and neck giving the WT 9.5 and the QRP a 10.

1 Like

Blimey!

Only one man’s opinion of course.

At last - been streaming this since the Autumn so good to get a physical copy. Good pressing nicely packaged. Dubjazztastic!

2 Likes

Must check that out! :+1:

1 Like

Stream it in the cab it’ll take you to a happy place and I don’t mean Peacehaven!

1 Like

From the lovely Mr’s Dread…

The great Keith Hudson - The Black Breast Has Produced Her Best, Flesh Of My Skin Blood Of My Blood (VP/17 North Parade

Culture Two Sevens Clash (VP/17 North Parade 3LP)

An album that needs little introduction whether a Reggae fan or not. Presented here expanded to 3LP’s with Versions and Dubs. Lovingly remastered and restored to its correct speed. Similar to how people had been listening for years to Kind Of Blue at the wrong pitch, all releases of Two Sevens have run a tad fast giving Joseph Hills vocal a slightly odd Pinky n Perky like sound, until now.
Well worth checking out, also on CD or stream.

:heart:

4 Likes

You know too much!

Added to the cab lunchtime sessions list :+1:

Ooh, all you can eat buffet at the Elephant.

1 Like

What! You guys have got to be sh*tting me :rofl:

Spy in the cab seems to be working. :rofl:

Have been streaming this for days on end, intriguing, better in some parts than others, but with Tom Baker narrating and vocals from Simone Simons amongst others, couldn;t resist the vinyl:

THis is my favourite song- Talk of The Town:

Cammie Gilbert at 3:18, amazing.

What on earth is being played at 2:57 ? Green stringed thingy?

Not quite, but I’m very familiar with the area. How is someone from Charente familiar with a Thai Restaurant in a dead end town on the Sussex Coast? :rofl: