What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Dead end? How very dare you! :slight_smile:

I lived a few miles away at a place called Crowlink before moving out here. I still have friends and contacts down there.

1 Like

I know it, out Friston way

The very same.

Back on track though with a Sussex connection. I saw Joe Lee Wilson at a pub venue in Brighton a good few years ago ( he lived around there) and have been a fan since so a reminder of past good times

2 Likes

Probably the King & Queen, I have seen him there. Every Sunday in the 90’s iirc they used to have a great lunchtime Jazz session with Vic & Friends. I forget who Vic was but he was well known and connected to the London Jazz scene in the Sixties. Joe Lee Wilson appeared a few times as my hazy real ale fuddled memory of the time seems to recall.
:heart:

1 Like

As youngsters we used to visit a very close female friend of Joe Lee’s off of Freshfield Rd in Kemp Town and buy chunks of fluffy Lebanese and Joe Lee would sometimes be there though I’m very sad to say we just he was an some old geezer who sang Blues music.

Here’s the opening to a documentary on Joe Lee.

Thanks for that. Not seen it.

One more from Joe Lee RIP.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Mr Dread.

2 Likes

That’s something I’ve to look for after the recommendation from @IanRobertM for Star One - that’s the only problem with this forum - if you’re not buying new gear you’re buying more vinyl and cd’s!!!
:anguished: :confounded: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Which is MUCH the cheaper option…!!! IMO… YMMV, etc… :crazy_face:

PS. At least there are not THAT many Star One albums… Compare to say… Ayreon… :astonished:

1 Like

Ah don’t tell me that - I’m not looking at any more of your posts then grrrr…….

:laughing:

1 Like

Ayreon

Stream of Passion

@SimonDC - DO NOT READ THIS POST… :sunglasses:

(I am still trying to complete Ayreon and Star One…
Have not even looked at Stream of Passion… yet…!! )

1 Like

I’m not looking …….

:expressionless:

1 Like

Many thanks! Not that I was fishing or anything :joy:

1 Like

Cleaned and ready to play! :grin:

3 Likes

How is the Culture pressing? - I have looked at this set before and wondered - but I hadn’t realised that there had been a speed problem with previous versions. I have an American pressing on the Joe Gibbs label from 1980 and it isn’t great. I see that there is also a 2-CD version of this vinyl release - have you heard that?

And Happy Birthday for yesterday!

1 Like

WTF!

Listening now as I work; this is epic! I will be exploring further material :smiley:

1 Like

When I got my copy on release, it did seem a bit noisy/distorted on a couple of the dub tracks. Last time I played it (2021) it seemed fine so maybe it was just groove dirt…or I didn’t play the exact tracks!

I’ll have to directly compare it to my first press re the speed.

Thanks for that - I’m not clear where these are pressed. I may look at the CDs if there’s nothing particularly advantageous with the LP set.

Thanks Clive I’ll let you know, havent played it yet, VP vinyl can be a bit hit or miss but its not intended to be “audiophile” in any case.
Try streaming it or the CD which is how I’ve enjoyed it until now.
Yes, its recently been discovered that the original and all subsequent issues up until this one have pitched slightly fast, not so much a problem its just how it was
Some times the “bonus material” on these type of re issues can just be barrel scrapings to tempt gullible completists, not here Im glad to say
:heart: