What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Something for the weekend sir?

Andrew Hill - Passing Ships (Tone Poet/Blue Note 2LP)

A highlight of the TP Series so far imo

:heart:

5 Likes

This boogietastic item arrived today. I’m a little surprised not to have seen others with it, as I’m usually the last to know about new albums. Anyway, it’s excellent and before anyone asks, Potato Valdez was not christened Potato, his real name was Carlos, and he is brilliant on the congas.

4 Likes

What is it?

1 Like

I have this one but not listened to it yet, so not posted yet.

Good to hear you’ve enjoyed it!

Most of the vinyl is very good, but most of the sleeves are not so good.

A lot of the box sets appear to have got damp at some stage, but the vinyl is still mostly excellent.

1 Like

Madonna true blue in 1986 after that I moved to cds and now 24 bit downloads, no more snap crackle and pop when I listen to music

I have it too and it is excellent HH a great addition.

I was planning to avoid the temptation of purchasing too many TPs Bob - had decided to skip this one @anon4489532 - might need to reconsider Potato and co in light of the reviews here.

1 Like

Perhaps you shouldn’t listen immediately after pouring the milk on your Rice Krispies.

2 Likes

Tool - Fear Inoculum

2 Likes

Your turn for the corner tonight!

:unamused: :thinking: :hammer_and_wrench:

Oh boy. This album has been on my list for quite awhile. Having been pressed only once in 1981, finding a fine copy, with vinyl, sleeve, obi and insert was an undertaking, but I managed. A bit of ringware on the back, but after cleaning, it could have been bought new. No clicks, no pops, a wonderful copy.

I knew this live show only from meager digital versions, the vinyl is as expected so, só much better. Strangely the volume is very low, but that is easily remedied.

Very, very, pleased to finally adding this great outing of most likely intoxicated Brecker, Grolnick, Gomez, Mainieri, Gadd and Watanabe to my small collection!

Rex’ vinyl #67

Steps - Smokin’ in the pit
Pressing 1981 / Nippon Columbia / Better Days YB-7010-11-ND

5 Likes

Knud Jörgensen– Knud Jörgensen Jazz Trio, Opus3 (2009)

Mid 80’s release from one of Sweden’s all time greatest Jazz Pianists Knud Jörgensen featuring on Bass Sture Åkerberg & on Drums Johan Dielemans.

Some excellent interpretations of some timeless Jazz standards.

2 Likes

Thanks to @BlueCanary , I did not know this album before. A beautiful treatment by Pure Pleasure.

The cover and the title…mheh, I liked the Paper Man cover and some other cover versions better and that title as well, and am happy it does not say “and his all stars” on the cover, but that’s not that important.

Mastering sounds good, vinyl is flat and dead silent. Bound to be spinning regularly over here!

Rex’ vinyl #68

Charles Tolliver - With Gary Bartz Herbie Hancock Ron Carter & Joe Chambers

Pressing 2019 / Pure Pleasure / Strata East SES-19681

4 Likes

One nice thing about that pressing is that it has a bonus track (‘Invitation’,I think), which wasn’t on the earlier pressings (not on my Freedom issue). So - will need to get hold of this one.

1 Like

Björk Biophilia Live triple LP + DVD set.

1 Like

Amancio D’Silva - Konkan Dance, Roundtable/ Lansdowne Series (2017)

Featuring Don Rendell Stan Tracey and Alan Branscombe

Goan guitarist Amancio D’Silva released two recordings on Columbia’s Lansdowne series ‘Integration’ in 1969 featuring both Ian Carr and Don Rendell which is available on Pheon and the Stan Tracey arranged ‘Reflections’ in 1971 which sadly is yet to to be reissued.

Amancio also recorded Hum Dono on Lansdowne as a part of the Amancio D’Silva and Joe Harriot Quartet which also features Ian Carr and some strange vocals by Norma Winstone this recording has been reissued on the Vocalion label.

Konkan Dance though recorded for the Lansdowne Series wasn’t released until 2006 and then reissued on Australian label Roundtable.

Amancio has a record Sapana due for release also on Roundtable that I’ve posted on the Pre Order thread should you be interested.

6 Likes

Arriving today the 50th Anniversary edition, tempted by the MoFi but if this sounds good with no replay issues then I’ll keep it, otherwise will spend out on the MoF, if still available.
Late to the party but loving Katanga!

Saw these at a good price but will buy the rest before the end of the year.

3 Likes

Hi @knaithrover and welcome great selection you have there!