What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

s-l500

8 Likes

Recent release. Excellent faultless pressing and one does get a sense that the mastering is as good as it gets considering it doesn’t seem to be recorded that brilliantly. The single is a bit naff. Overall, great set.

4 Likes

Sounds excellent and perfectly pressed.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I actually love that single and think it’s the best thing about the compilation. I saw the band live a few times and was let into a sound check at the Brighton Centre with about a hundred other fans where they played that cover of Get Yourself Together and I think it captures their live energy brilliantly.
I was a complete Jam nut as a teenager and though I rarely listen to them now I do still enjoy watching the very few live recordings available.

Yes I can imagine if you’d seen them live in those days it would bring back memories. It’s just not well recorded.

It’s horribly recorded as is most of their output. It’s a real shame as All Mod Cons and Sound Affects are really great records but because of the recording it’s hard to listen to them now it’s funny how listening to them back then on our Bush with it’s built in speaker or a cheap Sanyo casette player it didn’t matter about SQ.

Opened my Tone Poet Lee Morgan yesterday and again beautifully packaged it’s a real shame that this type of quality isn’t standard as it once was. I would think the average cost of an LP now which is around the £20 mark should be enough to produce quality covers are we vinyl lovers paying the price for the revenues lost because of low CD sales and streaming services like Tidal and Spotify.
Of course I would rather pay more for a quality product but should a quality pressing by AP, Mofi or Tone Poet really cost three or even four times more than the terrible CD to vinyl products released by DOL etc.

Supply and Demand. We keep coughing up the cash they keep charging high prices.

The tip-on gatefold sleeves on these Tone Poet releases really are top class. I’d love to see more labels following their example.

I see that some of the Tone Poet releases are being discounted now - quite heavily for one or two titles - so well worth snapping up if you don’t have them.

1 Like

Ooo! Where did you see that @Richard.Dane?

Kev, if you take a look at some of the usual places online, you’ll see that some of the early releases have started to be discounted. Dodax currently have the Cassandra Wilson Glamoured double album, which is selling for £60 at some places, for just £15 right now…

2 Likes

Great - thanks. I fear the wallet may be taking a pounding today…

Just bought Cassandra Wilson Tone Poet £14.99

Thanks Richard

1 Like

Another one bought yesterday in Fopp Covent Garden. It really is a stunning album

1 Like

How do you know it’s the Tone Poet release?

The UPC barcode and release date are for the Tone Poet release. Also it’s the only recent vinyl release of this album since the original.

Thanks to Richard.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Nice band from Greece!!!