What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thanks, @Kevster.

Amy Winehouse - Live at Glastonbury 2007

This arrived today after having been on preorder since @Bobthebuilder tipped me off. I see it’s only the set she performed on the Pyramid stage, so maybe we’ll get the Jazz stage show as another release and maybe they’ll release the 2008 Glastonbury set too. Then I hope there’ll be the box set together with a DVD of all the shows at Glastonbury.

6 Likes

Shopping spree is not over.

Being a big Jaco fan, this album was still missing. I was doubting to get onboard with this Music on Vinyl pressing, but I should not have. It is clean, straight and sounds wonderful. My favorite: Kuru / Speak Like a Child

Rex’ vinyl #73

Jaco Pastorius- Jaco

Pressing 2010 / EpIc CBS / MOVLP136

3 Likes

John Wright Trio - South Side Soul, Jazz Workshop (2017)
I’ve been after this very rare record for a while and have been aware of this Spanish reissue for a couple of years and came across a copy over here in Spain for just 19 Euros so decided to give it a try.

1 Like

The Crusaders - ‘Standing Tall’ (1981). Another visit to the Oxfam music shop brings another Crusaders LP I hadn’t heard of in nice condition to add to ‘Ghetto Blaster’ I got a couple of weeks ago. It is just past their famous late seventies period but I’m looking forward to hearing it.

4 Likes

After favourable reviews above.

5 Likes

Just snagged one from the 2022 repress. Originally released for RSD '14. Excellent quality all around. Highly recommended if you like this music.

1 Like

Kirk Lightsey Trio with Chet Baker - Everything Happens to Me, Timeless Records (1984)

Another ‘cheaper’ purchase over here in Spain minus Brexit tax and extra postage.

3 Likes

Kirk is a great guy, find memories of seeing him with his UK Trio. Lives in France I think.

Finally got hold of this Wayne Shorter 3LPs + 3CD + book extravaganza.

2 Likes

Chet Baker Trio - Live in Paris, Elemental RSD. (2022)

I’ve read mixed reviews on this ranging from terrible to fantastic but found a copy for half the rrp so after listening to the Tidal Stream which I really liked and being a big Chet Baker fan I’ve decided to buy it. Kevin Gray remaster so should be halfway decent.

3 Likes

Suzanne Vega Close Up Vol 1-4

Cleaned this afternoon, playing now.
Very quiet pressings, flat as proverbials, and well mastered imho.

Nice packaging, but can’t get the original printed cardboard inner sleeves into the outer along with the vinyl in its new poly-lined anti-stat.

Slightly miffed at myself, for buying from Amazon (first-hand knowledge of how they treat people), but it doesn’t happen often.

5 Likes

These new 45 rpm doubles were waiting for me when I got back home today after visiting my folks… amazingly fast turnaround and shipping from Acoustic Sounds (zero border delay too!). First spins up next…

9 Likes

Yet to play mine. Quite the score at half off!

Familiar music for me. Sonically good, not great. I collect live music on vinyl so just had to get this.

3 Likes

It was used but in near mint condition.

1 Like

Intervention records 180g 2LP 45rpm… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

9 Likes

2016 reissue…

4 Likes

its a good collection, I enjoy mine. I bought mine from Suzanne Vega’s website which came signed.

2 Likes

Congratulations, I believe there were 500/2000 copies signed.
Unfortunately I was too late to the party, and prices for signed copies on discogs start at £200.

I agree though, it is a fantastically curated collection.

1 Like

Laura Marling - Song for our daughter… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

4 Likes