What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

‘Moment of Truth’ - Gerald Wilson Big Band

Pacific Jazz / Tone Poet reissue

3 Likes

When we purchased our apartment in Spain I found the following two records in a cupboard I’ve just bought a Rega P1 and these are the first two records I’ve played.

Nat Cole Espanol and Le Trio Brisas

2 Likes

latest purchases from Fruits De Mer records

Stephen

1 Like

Finally 2 AP records arrived from the :us:, the Brubeck LP is astonishing, the Waters LP is the best Blues record I have ever listened to :ok_hand:

16 Likes

I agree about that 45rpm Brubeck pressing. Will have to check that Muddy Waters album on Qobuz.

2 Likes

I’ve owned both the 33rpm and 45rpm Analogue Productions Muddy Waters and I’d be happy with either they are both exceptional but I decided to keep the 45rpm because to my ears it was slightly better but not by a mile the 33rpm is also exceptional.

2 Likes

The John Wright Trio - South Side Soul, Jazz Workshop

Very good Spanish reissue nice tip on sleeve and excellent sound.

1 Like

Have they re released the 45rpm Brubeck?

Bought mine a long time ago and thought it sold out quite quickly, you are of course correct in describing it as astonishing……
I guess another limited pressing has been done

8 Likes

I purchased mine online a few months ago from within the UK, via Diverse Vinyl.

Kirk Lightsey Trio with Chet Baker - Everything Happens to Me, Timeless Records (1984)

Excellent A1

1 Like

19 Likes

Se-ven Steps To Hea-hea-ven! :notes:

A long wait, but worth it. This heavy 200gr copy is so quiet, so dynamic, so alive, extremely well done and the gatefold is pretty as well. Recommended!

Rex’ vinyl #74

Miles Davis - Seven Steps to Heaven

Pressing 2017 / Columbia CS 8851 / Analogue Productions AAPJ-8851-A

12 Likes

Just back from Hols (and escaping the Royal Sycophantic Celebration) and this arrived…

Something for the weekend sir?

Art Pepper + Eleven (Acoustic Sounds Series/Contemporary)

And a new Superline/HCDR

Cushty!

:heart::notes::wink:

Big up John at Audio T Brighton, weve been on an interesting journey

3 Likes

The Beatles, White Album box set.
We’re out tonight, I’ll listen to this over the weekend.

6 Likes

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
The Esher Demos are fascinating.

2 Likes

Catching up on a few:

Completing the Sault collection with, 5, 7 and Untitled (Rise), they turned up a few weeks ago.

And an impromptu trip to town/the local record shop, saw me pick up these two earlier in the week. Arrested Development is a great album. Black Keys are growing on me.

1 Like

Purchased ‘Rubber Soul’ earlier this afternoon for under £20 (new). Never had it on vinyl previously. It’s a stereo reissue from a few years back. Just giving it a spin - the SQ matches the fabulous songs. Going to open a bottle of red and settle in for the evening.

13 Likes

Nilotika Cultural Ensemble - Nyabingi Resurection (Switchstance Recordings 2LP)

Lovely traditional Rastafarian acoustic Nyabingi music from East Africa recorded in Uganda.

Spiritual, uplifting and beings a smile to your face

Fulljoy
:heart:

2 Likes

How is it?

I’m inSpain at the moment will be home at the end of this month I’ll let you know as soon as I’ve heard it.