What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Hi @Richard.Dane, no it’s the single 33rpm version but I’m very impressed with SQ :notes::+1:

I ordered his fourth album as well, its cleaned and waiting to be played when I get a chance!:grin:

ATB Andy.

Perhaps you could let us know what you think of the new Lenny vinyl when you have had a chance to give it a listen.

His fourth, also called Security for some markets such as the US, is similarly superb. The 45rpm reissue I have is excellent, although I think overall my favourite issue is the US Geffen reissue that was mastered by Robert Ludwig.

1 Like

Just given it a first listen. The gatefold is very classy. Shame about the cardboard inner sleeve. The vinyl is really quiet :+1:. Hardly any backing singers which makes it sound all Leonard. Surprised Sharon Robinson was not involved with this album. I’ve not listened to all the words on all the tracks yet but the tracks that I did listen to properly are very poignant and moving. Certainly wouldn’t listen to it if you need cheering up. If you like Leonard it’s a definite must have.

3 Likes

Many thanks.
Sounds like I’ll have to get it !

Fly Or Die II, the second album by the amazing Jaimie Branch – bought at her SENSATIONAL gig in London last night.

1 Like

Half speed remaster vinyl plus high res download :grin::+1:

5 Likes

Where from?

@docbot if you mean the Peter Gabriel LP it came from Bandcamp website…:+1:

I’ve been a very naughty boy!

7 Likes

Great, yes, PG 4. Thanks

Thanks - ordered.

Any others in there ? :slight_smile:

s-l500

7 Likes

s-l500

6 Likes

I have several Diana Krall ORG 45rpm remasters which are excellent.

I’ve just recieved a copy of this, a real intriguing album, it’s been ‘on the spit’ ever since.

what was she like live?

1 Like

@Holmes - Brilliant. She is a real fiery, charismatic presence, full of energy. Her band (the same as the one featured on both Fly or Die albums, so drums/percussion, cello and double bass) is top-notch. She tends to improvise around an album (last year when I saw her it was Fly Or Die, last week it was the new one) for 70 or 80 minutes, with other material bookending the set.

Definitely go see her if you get the chance.

6A821BCA-B1EB-491B-988A-528B5263199F

Bit late to the party with this one!:grinning:

7 Likes

At the price it would have been rude not to buy it :grin:

4 Likes