What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Snap @Debs - for £4 this double album was an absolute steal…

3 Likes

I didn’t know it was a double album til i got them out for a clean on the Keith Monks :smile:
…and put them into new poly-paper inner-sleeves

Nice looking vinyl, 11 tracks of funky guitar grooves, going to really enjoy this later! :+1:

2 Likes

After seeing the wonderful Art Ensemble Of Chicago a few days ago, this:

Pick it up Thursday - then…AEC Day!

2 Likes

My package from the Art of Vinyl sale arrived today, Zappa’s Sheik Yerbouti, Cream’s Disraeli Gears, Elton’s Captain Fantastic, Allman Brothers At Fillmore East, and the Rolling Stones 1971-2016 box-set.

6 Likes

AC

3 Likes

Caught up with some I had missed over the past year or so in the UMe sale and the Beatles Singles Box

5 Likes

My friends dad sold his house and he was left to dispose of the contents’ got about 30
lps mixed 10 x Joan Baez . 10x Neil Diamond 3x John Denver 4x classic box sets la boheme. 3 x The Beatles. not bad as I don’t have a turntable yet. what I get a kick from ,is his dad(86 yo now) was a pilot from Europe to New York so the lps are mostly bought there with the price stickers still on 2 and 3 dollars.

3 Likes

After a cheeky visit to Rock Box. That’s one less LP for them to pack ready for their move to the new shop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That Tafelmusik set is great. I’ve had and loved that one since the 80s when I first acquired mine.

2 Likes

Pink Floyd’s The Later Years highlight 2-LP:

4 Likes

My abstention from spending money on vinyl is taking a day off today.
While i take advantage of a 20% off offer from JPC, …is my excuse :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

The Adventures of Keith/Keith.
Show of Hands / Formerly Anthrax.
Equinox / Sergio Mendes & Brasil ‘66.
All bought from Spin It Records on a trip to Hull yesterday.

Arrived today. Amos Lee “My New Moon”

5 Likes

SS500

Reissue…

4 Likes

I got my re-issue of The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops delivered yesterday. What a fantastic job they have done on the pressing, it sounds fabulous

4 Likes

The Factory: Communications 1978-92 vinyl box.

2 Likes

Omg it’s amazing

Arrived 0degs temp had to leave a while to come up to room temp.
One issue the inner liner was so “glued” with static I had to rip it off rather than slide it out.

5 Likes

The original was fantastic. Is this even better?

1 Like

Richard, I parted with my original year’s ago when I stupidly went all CD.
What I can say is dynamics are awesome, bass extension is wow, it’s just highlighted 3 pictures in my room that need felt pads behind to stop the rattle, but I’m just amazed that there is so much going on in the mix and the textures revealed.

Better than original, I just don’t know.

1 Like

On the back of hearing this one I just had to go and order Peace At Last. Hopefully that will be every bit as good. I’ve got the deluxe 2 CD version of it and that sounds pretty special too.