What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Ok, I’ve ordered a copy.

Yes, I have it. Paul Motian and Gary Peacock are hard to beat, but it’s hard to ascribe ‘better’. Different, maybe.

1 Like

Dread - you seem to know a thing or two… I am looking to buy a vinyl copy of My favourite things but am confused by the variety of options! I asked on the Jazz thread for a recommendation but no reply- maybe was not the right place to enquire?
Anyway - can you recommend a version with great mastering and Sq? Many thanks in advance.

@Endon The 60th Anniversary set, released a couple of months ago on Rhino, is excellent. Mastered by Kevin Gray.

6 Likes

Perfect- many thanks for your recommendation
Jonathan

I second Kevsters recomendation especially for the Mono mix imo
Arguably a little pricey and the package could have been done better imo, beware the inner sleeves you will need to remove the vinyl very carefully and use some poly inners.
Mastered from original analogue tapes by Kevin Gray, its superb.
I did get an initial copy with a pressing fault but the replacement is fine.

Enjoy
:heart:

2 Likes

Better imo perhaps i should have said. In terms of SQ Trio 64 is a better recording as Ive opined in a previous comment.
Trio 65 is a fine album though, dont get me wrong

Many thanks. Birthday soon- so it’s on the list!
Jonathan

1 Like

Enjoy your Birthday
:heart::+1:

2 Likes

The 2022 Roxy Music half speed Abbey Road remasters. Flesh + Blood and Avalon are preordered for the 1st July.

12 Likes

Craft reissue. My favourite BE album.
I hesitated getting this as the 45rpm spread is far from a convenient listen, but I thought if I miss the boat on this I may regret it.
It’s wonderful.
Just need to get the Trio pair as recommended by HH and others.
Bill was on another level.

5 Likes

As @anon4489532 insisted everyone should have a copy.

4 Likes

Classic South African jazz…

4 Likes

And another one…

3 Likes

And I insist you also need Trio 64! :wink:

Everyone needs a bit of Bill Evans in there lives

1 Like

New artist for me, Lana Del Rey. Great artist!

9 Likes

As I’m enjoying 65 I’ll find 64. Which pressing?

1 Like

Joni Mitchell - Live at Carnegie Hall 1969

2 Likes

Wow
Three Amazing vinyls

4 Likes

The recent Acoustic Sounds Verve reissue of Trio 64 is really excellent.

If you can’t find that one then the 2016 D’Agostini Jazz at 33 1/3 Verve reissue is good too and usually available for between £10-20 sealed and new.

3 Likes