What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Ziggy 50’ anniversary picture disc from Burning Shed

10 Likes

Have to agree with @TheKevster with these.
Wasn’t particularly ‘into’ Nancy in the day, but I’ve really enjoyed these 3 recent re-releases (Start Walkin’, Boots and Nancy & Lee). All great pressings.

2 Likes

We Insist! is a fab record. If it’s anything like the wonderfully warm yet dynamic Pallas pressed Pure Pleasure release from a decade or so ago then you’ll be delighted.

1 Like

No, it’s Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Prods.

1 Like

It’s even better than the PP @Richard.Dane. Same for the Abbey.

1 Like

Cannot wait to hear this. The packaging is ace, and there are, for the first time, full musician credits – and an esssay by Andy Batt (who remastered mastered it).

2 Likes

Wow. Thanks Kev. Can you elaborate? It must be something amazing as I reckon the PP of We Insist! was one of their best sounding releases. I can’t recall now who cut it, but I would guess it was Ray Staff who did so many of them. And the Pallas pressing was perfect, as usual.

Do you know where this new Candid was pressed? I might need to check it out if it a lot better.

1 Like

The new Candids were also done at Pallas Richard (RTI in the US) and Bernie Grundman mastered them late last year – from the analogue master, of course.

It was Ray who did the PP ones.

2 Likes

Thanks @Richard.Dane. It’s an album I should have heard (and owned) for a long time given its reputation, but never did. Looking forward to it.

Edit/ re Straight Ahead I think my copy is remastered (I’d have to physically check), the PP release, with Ray Staff then. I never much cared for the clear but hard sound of it, although that fits the anger in the music I guess…

1 Like

Thanks Richard for the heads up - having received the copy I find almost all vocals come from one channel only (left) with instruments on both channels but favouring the right. Is this common, all seems one sided when listening.

This was common with very early stereo recordings. If it’s not to your taste then just press the mono button…

1 Like

Thank you

Thanks Kev. Just ordered the new Straight Ahead reissue.

1 Like

Finally my Coltrane/Hartmann copy arrived and it is wonderful :ok_hand:
Plus 3 nice used ones via discogs from France :fr:

6 Likes

Just to concur with Kevster, I got the RSD edition of the BG master, its very good but I havent heard the PP.

Hi Stevie, I’m looking forward to the other BG cut Candids too, I have a release date as today

1 Like

@Dreadatthecontrols
Both sounded wonderful in a quick check with headphones last night.

1 Like

Yes, I already have the Max Roach from RSD Im keenly looking forward to the others, soon come!
:heart:

@Dreadatthecontrols insisted I bought it! That’s what I told my wife when another LP arrived in the post today.

7 Likes

Just arrived! In time for the weekend sessions.

7 Likes