What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

My copy of Peace At Last was the same with the inner.
Cleaned the vinyl and into a anti-static inner and things are fine now!:+1::smile:

:sunglasses::+1:

13 Likes

1v / Led Zeppelin.

1 Like

@TheKevster very cool. I foolishly asked my wife for this for Christmas as she never knows what to get me so I have a 3 week wait for it ! :confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded:

1 Like

This has been on my Christmas wish list for a couple of years now. The big question is how good is it?? I pray it’s not a disappointment, and I hope Father Christmas comes through…

@Richard.Dane, don’t think you will be disappointed, sounds great to me! :+1::grinning::notes:

Brothers in Arms arrived last week. These three arrived today. Just awaiting “Communique”
I haven’t compared them to my earlier issues yet but they are MoFi so just had to buy them. :smile:

11 Likes

Can i ask where did you find (and buy) them?

2 Likes

Pebble Records in Eastbourne.

Nice vinyl arrival this morning. Cassandra Wilson. “Glamoured”

6 Likes

My copy should arrive today, how does it sound?

Currently listening to side A. Very lush,smooth and super quiet pressing. I have this thing about cymbals sounding realistic. My first impression and my opinion is that they sound a bit weak and dare I say it compressed.
Now listening to side B and the cymbals sound slightly better. Guitar and drums sound nice on 1st & 2nd track on side B.
Maybe cymbals sound a little weak because I’ve just started my turntable from cold and it will sound better once it’s warmed up. I’ll listen to it properly again this evening.
Would be interested to know what your thoughts are when you listen to it.
Cheers

1 Like

I found it a bit underwhelming. It sounded a bit rolled off and there was also a trace of inner groove distortion and break up on a few peaks, that I rarely if ever come across. I’ll have to give it a wash and a replay, just in case it was a static problem.

1 Like

These classic Pink Floyd LP’s arrived from The River this morning:

13 Likes

2019 Confetti Records reissue:

6 Likes

Definetly the weakest of the three I own, is this because it was recorded more recently than the other titles using more ‘modern’ methods?
I doubt very much that my system is as revealing as some of yours but as I stated on the ‘What are you listening to…’ thread ‘I’ve not taken to it instantly’
This record just didn’t grab me as the others did and perhaps it was the sound quality because as I stated there some things to like about it.
Perhaps that is why it’s being sold off cheap.

I’ve been looking for a copy of this that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg for a couple of years now and found this NOS copy of the 2011 OJC release which are usually not bad.
Propably my favoutite Miles period these records he made with Prestige are exceptional and what a group of musicians
Yes he made some ground breaking and exceptional records after this and all through the 1960’s made consistently excellent music up to and including In a Silent Way after which he completely lost me.
All the forays into new music like Jazz Funk where for me a bit weak and should have been left alone I’d have loved to have heard what he would have ended up sounding like had he taking a more traditional route but of course that wasn’t for Miles, ever and of course that’s just my opinion which isn’t a popular one by any means.
Cookin’ is just beautiful from Red Garlands intro at the opening right until the last note
and forget to add it’s incredible to think that due to getting a more lucrative deal from Columbia after the success of the first Prestige record the Quintet consisting of Miles, John Coltrane, Red Garland, Philly Joe and Paul Chambers recorded the other five records over just two sessions.
s-l500

1 Like

I read somewhere that this one had to be recut for some reason. KG his normally very good at his craft. I dont know what went wrong here. It’s good, in some parts very good, but in others, disappointing.

Admittedly I’ve played it only once and so will give it another play, the thing I did think sounded a bit off was some of her vocals which in parts on side one just didn’t sound right almost as if they where over extended. I know she has quite an individual vocal style but it sounded like the pitch was wrong in parts.