What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

PAST IMPERFECT: The best of TINDERSTICKS (1992 - 2021)

4 Likes

Looking forward to hearing these new arrivals later tonight.

John Coltrane - Blue Train 2022 Tone Poet version.
Beth Orton - Weather Alive (released today)

8 Likes

Ike & Tina Turner - Workin’ Together: reissue from a popular series of soul vinyl records, sold at newsstands!

6 Likes

Jas Kayser’s first:
JAS 5ive
Jazz Re:freshed

Excellent album!
Dream and Jamie’s Blues got me dancing. Onto side 2…

1 Like

Jas is a great talent first saw her playing with Alfa Mist she has that natural rhythm that all good rummers have.

1 Like

Perfect pressing, superbly recorded (no surprise)

5 Likes

Nice for drinking Port with too I find :+1:

From Diverse Vinyl this morning…

Ella And Louis Again (Acoustic Sounds Series/Verve)

Big Joe Turner - Boss Of The Blues (Pure Pleasure/Atlantic)

:heart:

3 Likes

Just loving this album, thank you for the intro.

1 Like

Chet Baker - The Incredible Chet Baker Plays and Sings, Carosello (1977)

Chet puts up a good fight on. this excellently recorded and pressed Italian record the duets with his then girlfriend/Wife Ruth Young are also very good. Ruth Young the daughter of United Artists vice President Max Youngstein was an aspiring Jazz singer when she got sucked into Chet’s world unsurprisingly the relationship ended badly she was less than complimentary about him when she appeared in Bruce Webber’s excellent Biographical film Let’s Get Lost.

She did soften a lot toward him after his death and released quite a well received tribute album to him in 2002 called This is Always.

3 Likes

One of the finest Highlife from Ghana

1 Like

Pleased you like it :+1:

1 Like

Came up on the weekly mail from Leamington’s Seismic Records, streamed it and then bought it, some really lovely moments on this and unlike anything I own which is a good thing :slight_smile:

Chet Baker, Ennio Morricone, Moochin About RSD 10” EP (2022)

In 1962 before the Oscars and awards Ennio Morricone teamed up with the ridiculously handsome and talented Chet Baker. Morricone was also a trumpet player and was a fan of Chet’s music together they recorded these tunes and Chet sang them beautifully in Italian.

This was a limited edition of 1000 and is presented really nicely and has been remastered but for some reason it didn’t sell well and can be bought for £13 inc postage and is an absolute steal.

5 Likes

Paul Chambers - Bass on Top, BN/Tone Poet (2020)

On it’s release this recording gained a lot of plaudits on the forum so not much more to add Classic recording beautifully reissued by TP.

9 Likes

Really?

And another mid 70s Brit Jazz cracker with a cast of thousands (well 13) of the leading lights. Reissued on an Italian label. Pressing a bit iffy TBH - a lot of surface marks so I’ll give it a clean and see.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Bill Evans - Everybody Digs Bill Evans, Riverside/OJC (2015)

s-l500

3 Likes

Just arrived today with both albums having a bad warp and skip in them. Will be sending them straight back to the store. Made in the Czech Republic. Some days you win somedays you loose. :grinning: :unamused: