What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Love Expressions Tell Everything singles box.
Beautiful package, hopefully sounds as good as it looks.

Your Mind & We Belong Together/Laughing Stock is a particular favourite single of mine from '68 - looking forward to comparing this to my original.

10 Likes

That looks like a lovely box, fascinating. I would buy a copy in a flash if I had the means to play 45RPM singles.

I saw Arthur Lee in London (Borderline Club) after he ha been released from his jail sentence. The show was a warm up for an appearance at Glastonbury, where he played the entire ‘Forever Changes’ (as he had done at The Borderline). That Glastonbury concert was released on CD, which I treasure. He had a backing group, called Baby Lemonade, who were essentially a Love tribute group, so they knew every note of ‘Forever Changes’, which they played perfectly.

Sadly, he died shortly afterwards.

2 Likes

I was at the same gig. I got to shake the great man’s hand at the end. Marvellous.

2 Likes

You could get a 45rpm adaptor for your LP12, just £36 new. Alternatively you could probably pick one up off eBay for £5 or less as many people will have moved up to new power supplies and motors, which can play at 45rpm. I’d advise getting a cue device fitted first though - you wouldn’t want to lower the stylus onto the felt mat!

2 Likes

The Beatles - A Hard Day’s Night - Remastered

10 Likes

Instant buy when I saw that Sirone is on this.
Great bassist.
Revolutionary Ensemble
The People’s Republic Horizon, 1976.
Sirone - bs
Leroy Jenkins- vln
Jerome Cooper - dr

Lovely :heart_eyes:
How did I miss this at the time?

3 Likes

Ron Carter - Finding The Right Notes
Audiophile Edition

8 Likes

And playing them in the right order :+1::joy:

3 Likes

I thought I might have posted up a few more recent LP purchases on this thread but unfortunately it looks like they are caught up in the RM strikes. One lot having been AWOL for almost 2 weeks now. I just hope they have been packed to resist the worst, and not left lying on top of a radiator in some sorting room…

5 Likes

Normally used to put the tea mugs on Richard. :grinning:

Same here. A bunch of LPs, and Nikon binoculars “in transit” somewhere…but newer purchases arriving sooner :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well, whaddaya know - most of the LPs just arrived! Bino’s still MIA…

Replacement for one of my first lp’s that is very taken away

9 Likes

Was so impressed with the reissue of Madman Across The Water thought I would give this a try.
Also from the original master tapes.:notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

6 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Charles Lloyd Trios - Sacred Thread, Blue Note (2022)

Third in the trilogy with maestro Zakir Hussain and Julian Lage with compositions from both Zakir and Charles Lloyd.

Produced by Tone Poet producer Joe Harley, remastered by KG at Cohearant and pressed at Optimal.

All three of this trilogy are excellent and this is my favourite Zakir’s percussion is second to none.

4 Likes

I have that album, I think, for almost 40 years now.
Long time ago I played it, must play it again soon, so thanks for the reminder.

I’ll be posting my Xmas cards this week, as 5 weeks ago I posted a letter 2nd class for a journey of 50 miles (all mainland) and it took 2 weeks to arrive. Strange though, that some stuff (their monitored 24/48 deliveries) have arriving OK.

1 Like

This one finally arrived and luckily had survived its stay with RM en route to mine. Roy Brooks Beat. Well worth the wait too. Mastered and cut by Ryan Smith at sterling, It’s a step below the BN Classic series or Tone Poets in sound quality but still excellent - I wonder about the source here. The piano is a bit watery and wavers in places so perhaps a copy tape or perhaps the master was in less than perfect shape. The sleeve is nice and crisp and the card not too thin either. The LP is pressed nicely, centred and quiet. Only big gripe I have here is the paper inner - surely they could have stretched the extra few pence for a poly lined one? However, overall it’s s good ‘un

6 Likes