What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I remember buying a copy of this, years ago, from a record shop in North Walsham.
Still have it and still enjoy it.

Hi @Robbo1

I have only ever heard the vinyl version so I have nothing to benchmark it against.
All I can say is that on my system in my room I can tell it is a grand piano in a large space. I like the emotion that comes out in each song, all very intimate. As they say less is more.

1 Like

More new purchases delivered whilst we were away this weekend.
Now own 3 “Ziggy’s”, Original 1st press (never played), my first later press 1973 copy and now this one pressed 50 years on from those. This new one is the new Half-Speed Remaster and sounds truly fabulous.
Paranoid; this is the first time I’ve owned it on record. We had the cassette that we played constantly when we went away on our first holiday together nearly 40 years ago. A fitting gift from my wife to commemorate our 40 years together for Valentines Day, as our first date was a Valentine’s Day dance in 1983.
Katatonia, Sky Void of Stars. Only listened to this band for the first time a week or so ago and was blown away by this, their newest album. More of their back catalogue will be added soon, of that I’m certain.

More coming…

11 Likes

Yay! Another one has turned up.
This is the newest remaster, the Mint 1973 1st Press will be a bit longer in transit, being as I have had to reach farther afield for it…:grin:
My own 1973 original is rather worn now sadly😢

Still, let’s hope my current system meets the stringent requirements :wink:

10 Likes

No Linn Kans then!

1 Like

Just playing my Speakers Corner copy, its pretty good considering its not a particularly special recording, the main critisicm is that Ray Brown’s Bass sounds a bit distant/quiet in the mix at times. Is this still the same with the AP?

Big Brother & The Holding Co
Cheap Thrills MFSL 45 double.

Haven’t compared yet (only just got it) to my first US press, but it does sound nice and spacious.
Not the most “audiophile” recording in any case, but so what. A classic.

6 Likes

Been sat in the local post office sortation centre since Friday. Hoping, work allowing to listen to it shortly.
OP NT

9 Likes

Be interested in your view, see my comment above.
Cheers

1 Like

Work still not allowing, but will feedback once listened to.

1 Like

Just arrived from Poland. Looking forward to playing this brilliant album recorded from a live 1972 radio broadcast. Lovely Astigmatic Records package with booklet. Alas, as you may be able to see from the pic, my Michel turntable belt has bust. Back to streaming the download for the time being.

4 Likes

Use a pair of your wifes/partners tights :+1:

1 Like

Haha Dread- it’s a finely balanced piece of precision engineering not a black cab! :grin:

4 Likes

Oi! Oi!

1 Like

Nick Walters - Padmasana D.O.T (2013)

After a fatal accident with a Dynavector 20x2L
the third one I’ve owned and the third I’ve broken I needed the soft spirituality of Nick Walters’ 2nd record inspired by his trip around India to cool my waters.

Featuring Tenderlonious, Kieran McLeod and Tim Carnegie Padmasana is modern British Jazz fusion at its very best.

2 Likes

I do wish that Members wouldn’t keep posting about destroying cartridges - I’m getting nervous about going home to cue up my new Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua.

It was literally a stray shirt sleeve Graham after the first two I swore I’d never buy Moving Coils again and stuck with MM carts specifically Audio Technica with their replaceable and interchangeable styli.

Then last year I was offered another 20x2L with less than 100 hours for a couple of hundred pounds so not as entirely devastating as breaking one I’d paid full price for.

1 Like

I propose to you a foolproof solution: only wear T-shirts when cueing up LPs!

(You may have to turn up the central heating in winter months.)

1 Like

Nothing new but still playing catch up on vinyl I want to own.

6 Likes

One new