What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

11 Likes

Ships with a nice pack of cd version and assorted publicity bumph.
A little bit of surface noise but ok otherwise and nothing a good clean will not sort hopefully,

1 Like

Chet Baker - Four (Live in Tokyo), Paddle Wheel (1989)

I have the excellent 2021 reissue but couldn’t turn up this German original copy. The seller described it as having light crackles so at £15 I thought worth a punt that a good clean will help it out.

5 Likes

Wardruna - Runaljod Trilogy Vinyl Boxset

Arrived today, well packed with large corner protectors while in the shipping box to guard against knocks and dents. A nice touch is that each of the gatefold double albums have their own dark slip case to give a consistent view but it might make finding the right album fun in the dark.

1 Like

Hi Maupas

I take it thats the current re issue, any good?
Cheers

Hi,
it’s the 1976 Italian pressing, I found it in a used record shop. Near mint condition.
Cheers

1 Like

Patti Smith Horses: Old love for me!

17 Likes

Picked up a bargain LP at HMV today - ‘Sulk’ by The Associates.

I only know the (brilliant) single ‘Party Fears Two’ - apparently it was Melody Maker’s ‘album of the year’ in 1982.

7 Likes

This arrived…
Paul Buchanan : Mid Air, (2012)
10th Anniversary 2LP Edition
So I guess that’s really 2022 ?

I’ve always loved what The Blue Nile do. (One of the few bands that have endured - and remained a favourite - over 40+ of listening to music). So, this gem is a real boon, added to the others in our collection.

The 10th anniversary 2LP edition contains additional material, not released with the original back in 2012.

Proper record, c/w full size colour sleeve notes, with track lyrics, credits, etc. :+1:

It’s a treat

3 Likes

2017 2LP reissue… :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Pharoah Sanders - Africa, Tidal Waves Music (2019)

Why is it that when you are trying not to spend so much bargains keep appearing. I really like Pharoah’s output on Wim Wigt’s Dutch label Timeless and this at £20 for a new copy that has a 2cm seam split was too good to turn down.

I have a couple of Timeless 1st presses, one of these Tidal Waves reissues and four Music on Vinyl reissues and because those Studio 44 masters were so well done they are all excellent.

Music on Vinyl and Timeless have a compilation of Pharoah’s Timeless output out this month called Great Moments With which if you don’t have the records is a great buy.

4 Likes

Fabienne Jacquinot - Antique centre find.

4 Likes

Not too keen on mov. Great album. Song nr 1, what a powerful way to start!

I have MOV titles dating back over a decade and agreed some are not good but all of the Timeless/MOV titles I’ve bought have been very good and are well worth the cost.

Agreed Africa is an excellent record.

1 Like

MOV pressing quality (Record Industry) is consistently excellent ime, mastering sources may be variable

1 Like

Exactly that, the sources. My countrymen know how to make money.

1 Like

Just arrived today nice and flat. I think we will have to line up an eighties session this coming weekend. {Anyone for Human League) upstairs with Eric, new gold dream and the Cure.

4 Likes

1 Like

Another Tone Poet just arrived here today :saxophone: :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

latest release from wonderful Fruits De Mer label, always well pressed and presented and unlike major companies a low price- £18 incl p&p. Does make you wonder how big companies can justify the higher prices when FdM can produce small runs at such low prices
Always get a humerous postcard and if a club member a compilation cd as well

Stephen

2 Likes