What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Yes indeed- sound is amazing

Absolutely great sound

SY400
:grin:

2 Likes

Two Jazz EP’s on 7" 45rpm.

1 Like

I couldn’t even hazard a guess, it would have been at least 1983, or earlier.

Okay so, must be later than 1983. I moved from New Zealand to England (staying 9 years) in 1989 and haven’t bought a record since then. But later than 1983, because I just put this on:

Music for Nations MFN18!, and sounds really good. Maybe there is something to this LP thing, I see a 1980’s revival of the old collection happening!

LP - Tompkins Square 2018 : )

Gwenifer Raymond - You Were Never Much Of A Dancer

Just ordered and looking forward to it! : )

1 Like

Nice album. Picked it up a couple of months age. Hope you enjoy it.

image https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/The_Struts_–_Young_%26_Dangerous.png

The Struts - Young and Dangerous
Took a punt on this and have to say I think it’s great - optimistic rock that harks back to the late 70’s and 80’s. A bit glam, a bit poppy - it just puts me in a good mood and what more can you ask for on a Friday evening.

10 Likes

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0105/4542/products/jonimitchell-blue_1800x.jpg?v=1548279961
Not a big fan of coloured vinyl, but this Recentish release chimed with me because I don’t own this album in LP form. The colour is more subtle in the ‘flesh’ anyway and is opaque, so once it is sitting on top of the black felt mat of the turntable it looks fine. Good even!

2 Likes

Gorillaz - The Now Now. Deluxe Edition 180 Vinyl gram, Box Set.

At the current reduced price - couldn’t resist! Already have the high res download, so will be interesting to compare the sound quality of the coloured (uh oh) vinyl against the 24bit version.

1 Like

Minami Deutsch - Under Dim Light

If you like Krautrock/psych might be worth you checking this one out.

Bob Mould Sunshine Rock Pre-order which arrives this Friday!

delines

Bought at their gig in The Haunt, Brighton last night, special edition with a 7" single included. Pleasant surprise was the Bandcamp download code that came with it was for 1.2GB of hi-res .wav files

61cLFhN3JuL

51c6LTLk2%20L

Still haven’t got round to playing any of them yet…

3 Likes

Love Gorillaz and that’s another great album right there. I’ve just got the standard vinyl but how much was that little lot?

Gorillaz - The Now Now. Deluxe Edition 180 Vinyl gram, Box Set - currently on offer at Amazon UK for £31.73. Elsewhere, circa £40-£50.

Just bought the first 4 OMD albums remastered at half speed. Lovely sound to them. I am a big fan of dazzleships, it does seem a bit of a marmite album, it wonderful from this master.

1 Like