What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

A brace of Chvrches arrived today, annoyingly they announced the 10 year anniversary release of Bones shortly after I ordered but this one feels like a 180g pressing so swings and roundabouts.

1 Like

Pop Evil - Skeletons
On Purple Limited Edition vinyl as well. @Dreadatthecontrols needs to bag one of these before they’re all gone :wink: :popcorn:

1 Like

Wilco “Cruel Country” real depth and detail in the recording, lot of material recorded live in the studio. I believe it was cut by Chris Bellman. Both discs have a dish warp, play perfectly so will stay but will avoid looking at the turntable when playing!!! “This Is The Kit” also sound fantastic, you can hear the Gruff Rhys touches on the production and the back ground vocals.

1 Like

All in good time my son…all in good time
:grin:

1 Like

Alright…come on gather up…shhh dont make it obvious…step forward.
Shawaddywaddy LPs…no 'ang ‘ang I know what yer thinkin’…cor Blimey…these aint yer regular Shawaddywaddy LP…Oh No!..look see…its got yer Kevin Gray…its got yer 'undren n eighty gram …its got yer swirly vinyl…ts got yer analogue…its got yer digital…its got yer tubes…its got yer solid state…its got yer one step…its got yer U…H…Q…R, yer A…A…A…yer R…T…I and yer MFI!..only two 'undred copies…
What am I asking for all that! 'Undred?..No! Seventy five?..No! Give me a nifty and I’m robbing myself…no love! Dont come back tomorrow I’ll be gone!..thats it come on you know it makes sense…two copies? There you go!..and you mate?..thats it…no need to push…and you?..Cushty!

4 Likes

You’ve been at the pie, mash and green gravy again haven’t you? :flushed:

2 Likes

You mean Liquor son…and i’m not talkin’ boutyer wife!

2 Likes

NURSE!?…. NNUURRSSEE??!!
It’s time for his Meds!:syringe: :syringe: :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for this, I bought the bundle with the Stepping Out (now sold out) direct from intervention. Both are really excellent, what a great label! I hope they are doing more stuff like this. For whom is interested: they now have a distributor in Germany (sieveking sound) and prices are more than ok.

1 Like

I don’t have the original on vinyl to compare.
I’m surprised at how good this album sounds given that it was recorded digitally. It’s dynamic, detailed and has a great soundstage - something my system doesn’t really excel at.

1 Like

Cautious Clay - Karpeh, Blue Note (2023)

Great to see Blue Note producing younger artists this record features Julian Lange and also a duet with Arooj Aftab. Great pressing and sound.

2 Likes

Picked up some classic jazz LPs at Clocktower Music in Bridport (Dorset).

10 Likes

They are on the road currently if you want a live experience :partying_face:

2 Likes

Jeff Beck Truth MoFi Playing loud and sounds awesome to me

6 Likes

Miles Davis In A Silent Way MoFi

11 Likes

Slow Drag is a Corker! Had it ever since I was given a tape from a friend, bought the CD and been loving that for years, the Tone Poet really takes it to another level though.

2 Likes

Mine is due to be posted soon it’s one of Mofi’s best despite any digital step it sounds incredible.

1 Like

Interesting ! I was in Clocktower about a week ago and nothing resembling a Tone Poet in sight.

Suspect that might be because I was in their second hand store at St Michael’s Estate and not the town centre store.

1 Like

Excellent record store :+1:

1 Like

I was at ‘Clocktower Too’ which I believe is their second store in the town centre (South Street) - rather good I thought. What caught my eye was the Ska-era black and white photos in the windows, in particular one of Buster Bloodvessel having a shave. Popped in - a small store but lots of Tone Poets / audiophile reissues. Nice town, Bridport.

3 Likes