What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Same for me, waiting to be unwrapped when I got home on Monday. Only bit of vinyl adding to my collection this month

Arrived Tuesday: Coco And Ben Good Feeling 45rpm 12" A bit of fun soul from 1979. I have been trying to find out whe the female singer is to no avail. Coco is all I’ve got.

2 Likes

Craft OJC Reissue.

Why? Because Scott Le Faro is untouchable on this recording. He should of gone on to greater things in later life , sad that he didn’t make it.

10 Likes

I dont think Bill Evans ever got over his loss, for my money the best Bill Evans Trio recordings by far are still those with Scott LeFaro.
:heart:

3 Likes

Supermax - World of today
Warner released today

Originally recorded in 1977 this a fusion of Soul, Funk, Rock and Disco. The big hit on it was „Lovemachine“, Top Ten in Germany and even Top 100 billboard charts. Fine pressing and a real good SQ. Nothing audiophile but just good tunes to enjoy the PRAT in life.

Beside Falco one of the few artists from Austria :austria: with a worldwide success.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Lightnin’ Hopkins - Walking This Road By Myself, Ace Records

The music of course speaks for itself and these ACE reissues are some of the best vfm blues LP’s you can buy for between £10-15 you get the full analogue sound.

1 Like

John Lee Hooker - That’s My Story, ACE

Another excellent vfm ACE blues reissue.

3 Likes

‘Any Random Kindness’ by HÆLOS arrived today.

2 Likes

Lightnin’ Hopkins - Penitentiary Blues, Fontana.

What an exceptional record sonically and musically the cover is a bit scuffed but the disc as it’s 60 years or so old is In beautiful condition

2 Likes

Charles Lloyd - Forest Flower, Atlantic/SC

One of Speakers Corner’s extra special reissue A1 music, A1 remaster and A1 pressing if you get a chance to own this then you’ll not regret it.

1 Like

The late great Jaimie Branch’s new one, released a year after her death.

1 Like

Ha! Yes I remember that tune!

1 Like

I’ve seen this around and have been tempted how does it sound?

Good. All her albums sound excellent. Musically it is fantastic

I only got turned onto her after her death unfortunately but she had an energy that is most definitely infectious.

1 Like

cant think of anything worse, each to their own.

And I can’t see the point in post like that. You could at least say why it’s not your thing compare it the type of music you like perhaps?

1 Like

Tenderlonious - You Know I Care, 22a 043 (2023)

A quartet featuring Hamish Balfour, Pete Martin and Tim Carnegie playing A collection of Spiritual Jazz covers from the 60’s and 70’s from the likes of Charles Tolliver, Stanley Cowell, Wayne Shorter and Duke Pearson.

An absolute corker of a record and really nicely recorded too the only downside is the cherish cover and unlined inner but the price reflected that.

All in all another excellent record from one of London’s finest and totally self taught too.

1 Like

Chip Wickham - Love & Life, Gondwana Records

Another really nice EP from Chip and nicely produced as always by Gondwana