What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

517QxjalIOL

9 Likes

Unfortunately my copy of Truth Is A Beautiful Thing isn’t a beautiful thing at all, there’s a load of clicks and pops on one side of the record so I’m going to have to take it back for an exchange. A good clean on my Project RCM made no difference.

It would so much easier if you actually showed the front cover and perhaps the name of the band.:wink:
The Last Dinosaur - The Nothing

Rather good.:sunglasses:

Thank you @anon71888798, posted in haste between hoovering and making lunch for the children!
Always nice to get vinyl as a gift.

1 Like

81osZuqHrrL.SS500

Jerome Sabbagh. No Filter.

Recommended on Michael Fremer’s Analog Planet. Direct from Jerome.

I got #492/500. Great live sound. Still learning the music.

1 Like

Pinky and Perky- Summer Holiday
The first single I remember having when I was 3, it went missing at some point. This came up on my Discogs watchlist this morning, order placed.

9 Likes

Curtis Live! by Curtis Mayfield, one of the great in-concert recordings. UK first press on Bhudda Records.

7 Likes

Under a tenner at The River

3 Likes

Make a great talking point at a dinner party👍

1 Like

2019 reissue:

Only heard this version & sound is Fab

41M6YM0b4YL._AC_1

I don’t like compilations but this is an exception and pretty much just for one song. I picked this up on double orange vinyl in Germany.
This is a pretty OK selection of “yacht rock” (how I hate that term - which drongo invented that?) - including the usual suspects like Doobies, Boz Scaggs, Todd Rundgren etc but the song to take away is Fazon by Sopwith Camel - a rare and astonishing song recorded in 1973 and way before “Yacht Rock” was invented………
Anyone interested in Steely Dan, Boz, Crusaders, Joni, mid period Weather Report will want to hear this gem. A slow burn wah-wah groove but with the use of eastern flavoured soprano sax, and sophisticated harmonies. This song is a good decade ahead of its time which is why the album bombed and disappeared. However the GOOD NEWS is that the album this song comes from (the Miraculous hump returns from the moon) is re-released on red vinyl in April. I for one will be ordering that. Been looking for that album literally for decades.

3 Likes

Just received this album that I ordered in January. Stellar performance from Glenn Gould but the sound is a little weird - at first listen, not the best job of remastering the 1957 original material. I’ll give it another listen tomorrow.

Beethoven Bach Gould

Claude

2 Likes

Art Ensemble of Chicago, The Spiritual

Some avante-garde jazz from 1974. Still listening. I have other albums by them. Great stuff, but maybe not for some people.

2 Likes

Well, Art Ensemble Of Chicago, I really like it since the early 70s. Especially “Full Force” and “Urban Bushmen”.

Recently bought “We Are On The Edge: A 50th Anniversary Celebration (Boxset)”. I rate it very highly.

From JPC

Enjoy…

3 Likes

Fazon opens a great album in The Miraculous Hump Returns From the Moon. Definitely a forgotten gem from the early '70s.

1 Like

This is a stonking album, everything about it is wonderful, songs, musicians, production, SQ, pressing, packaging all brilliant.

4 Likes

Do you have an original Reprise copy Richard? I understand Edsel also did a re-release in the 80’s?

Well done , however, to the compilers of that Yacht Rock selection for including such a left field inclusion.

I need to get my pre-order in as I believe they are only cutting 300 copies. We need to get the Streely Dan fans on this thread alerted to this Sopwith Camel album. Fazon is such a great song. I also recognise where I’ve heard that eerie soprano sax before (or is it a cor anglais?) - Andy Mackay on the early Roxy Music albums……

@Hermann
Saw the AEC at the Barbican late last year, about 40 odd years after seeing them at the Roundhouse - the boxset is indeed superb, and a nice memento of the concert!

AEC = one of the Greats.

2 Likes