What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

On pristine vinyl and one of the Pearlfishers very best. Influences are Burt Bacharach, Beach Boys, Prefab Sprout, the Association. But…the song is everything…

1 Like

I had a copy when I lived in the US, but I’m not sure whether I still have it. I’ll have to take a look. Good reminder though, otherwise might look for another copy. Has it been reissued recently or at all?

71f6loTZtCL.SS500

3 Likes

Yep another White Ladder played it at the weekend WOW hearing new music on viynyl, back vocals and bass line

And pleased so say other fans of the superb Robert Vincent

5 Likes

Well, and you’ve seen them twice. What a relief. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to see AEC live, unfortunately. All the more I enjoy the music. That record is on my list. Thx

1 Like

Well I have to quote myself.
This record is sent right back and I don’t know if I’m gonna order it again. The quality was that poor. Sorry…

This has been on my Amazon pre-order for a while [ £25.91 ]
But has turned up this morning!
3LP set cleaned and into new poly-paper inner sleeves.
Will play them later :+1:

5 Likes

It’s amazing Debs.

1 Like

David Grey - White Ladder.

I was looking forward to this one but… oh dear! What a disappointment. Side A sounded fairly flat and like it had been cut from an MP3. Then, to make matters worse, most of side B it sounded like my stylus was broken. What a waste.

1 Like

On a much better note, I’m not sure why it took me so long to order this LP - I loved Carrie & Lowell and have practically worn out my copy now - but I’m delighted I finally did. This one is a good pressing on lovely translucent yellow vinyl. Sound is really excellent.

4 Likes

Nice limited edition. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I haven’t listened to Albedo 0.39 for a while, thanks for the suggestion.

Claude

1 Like

41w9rt6FPiL._AC_SY450_PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__1

On a recent trip to Germany picked up some terrific vinyl. Including this one - my favourite Don Ellis. Superbly remastered for the excellent MPS label - audiophile recordings for non audiophile prices (I paid 18 euros in store)
Of course this album includes the original and definitive Whiplash - used extensively in the film of the same name.

5 Likes

Any good?

1 Like

Richard, my copy doesn’t sound that bad. In fact I was pleasantly surprised by it to be honest.
Did you buy the double album or the box set? I bought both but only play the double album.

1 Like

Right up my street. :grinning:

1 Like

Just ordered.

The drummer from Deacon Blue (Dougie Vipond) lives close by I should get him to get Ricky to sign it.

1 Like

I agree Richard. It sounds flat and lifeless and it’s so disappointing. I was looking forward to finally hearing this excellent album on vinyl and your comparison to mp3 is, sadly, about right.

Arrived here from Amazon this afternoon.

Paul McCartney - Egypt Station ( Explorer’s Edition )

Presently £19.99 prime for the 3LP set, another fine Munch HU :+1:

6 Likes

I bought the 2 LP version. I do hope mine is just a bad copy. I’m tempted to send it back and see if I get a better sounding one in return.

1 Like