What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Dexter Gordon Quartet - Swiss Nights, SteepleChase Records (1980)

First in the series of three top draw recordings from the Zurich Jazz Festival 1975.

Featuring Kenny Drew on piano, Niels-Henning Orsted Pederson on bass and Alex Ariel on drums.

4 Likes

Brilliant 1976 album remastered

Side 2 first track “work song” shows naim pace at its best :+1:

4 Likes

Miles Davis - Vol 1, BN/Classic Series (2021)

Now available on Amazon for £17.99 with free p&p.

2 Likes

Charity shop today. The classic recordings from the 1970’s. Didn’t have a complete set on vinyl until now. Lovely condition too.

5 Likes

Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat.

1 Like

It’s just a shame that there’s no cameo appearance from Eric Morecambe, but perhaps Andrew Preview put his foot down!

(Or you may be too young to have seen that famous TV sketch.)

1 Like

No, not too young! ‘I’ll get my baton… it’s in Chicago’!

1 Like

Jean-Michel Jarre - Soundtrack to Les Granges Brûlées, from 1973. First ever vinyl reissue, by Transversales Disques.

4 Likes

Nat Birchall - Songs of The Ancestors - Afro Trane Chapter 2, Ancient Archive of Sound (2023)

In a follow up to the excellent Afro Trane Nat Birchall again looks back to the Spiritual Jazz pioneers for his inspiration and his one-semble again delivers on all counts. He is one of our greatest living Jazzmen and should be celebrated.

5 Likes

Extremely limited edition (150 pressings) of Mono’s “The Last Dawn / Rays of Darkness”.

Japanese post rock legends

3 Likes

I have a signed copy of this

1 Like

Nice!
I saw a signed copy but the price was a lot higher than my copy (£25, used but NM).
Signed is a very nice thing to have, though.

1 Like

Postie just delivered this as I was reading your reply!

1 Like

I had no idea that Colin Davis had recorded this. He looks very young in the cover photo.

Arrived today, Blonde on Blonde is the VMP picked up from Discogs.

5 Likes

That’s a JAMC album I’ve never owned…may have to rectify that.

1 Like

My most recent LP is a transparent copy of Philip Glass’s ‘Glassworks’, one of the very best introductions to his music. Performed by the Philip Glass Ensemble, no less, on Sony/Columbia, with the composer on electric organ.

2 Likes

Signed Hawley “best of” album.

8 Likes

Cueing tracks on translucent vinyl is a pain though :rofl::+1:

1 Like