What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

3 Likes

Thanks @Grahamino I’d not heard of Joao Selva before tonight but just spent an enjoyable 10 minutes flicking through his latest record Passarinho on Tidal definitely an artist I’ll investigate more.

1 Like

Glad that sounds better Dread, what was wrong/off?

1 Like

Not much really, just arm balance and vtf. It can be affected by temperature and the past couple of days have turned colder. It wasnt way off just a fraction of a gram really but sufficient to make a big difference.
That said its probably fair to say that the Herbie Nichols isnt up there with the very best sounding recordings and/or age hasnt been kind to the tape and the warts n all mastering of KG doesnt attempt to gloss it over.
Fine music nonetheless.

1 Like

That’s good :+1:

1 Like

Very good.

I have all his stuff on vinyl (apart from the two live albums) and this is by far the best.

1 Like

1 Like

Yussef Dayes - Black Classical Music (2023)

This has been sitting in Resident Records, Brighton since early September.

Excellent record with lots of collaborations including the brilliant On De Plaza with Chronixx.

Nicely pressed and mastered and nicely presented.

2 Likes

Matthew Halsall - An Ever Changing View, Gondwana Records (2023)

Along with Nat Birchall Matthew Halsall is one of the UK’s greatest living Jazzmen thus far he hasn’t made a bad record in my opinion.

An Ever Changing View is up there with his very best records and again Gondwana have done a fine job.

2 Likes

Just found out they are playing in Bristol next Friday night - Joao Selva. Passarinho is great and the remix album. I’m working my way through their albums backwards now too.

1 Like

Ooh, I’ve not been posting many pics recently, but I have been enjoying vinyl copies of both Matthew Halsall, An Ever Changing View and Yussef Dayes Black Classical Music recently @Bobthebuilder - I particularly like the journey the latter takes you on, quite a variety of tracks

1 Like

Despite not being much of a listener to jazz, I do really like Portico Quartet! I think I’ve ended up with most (though definitely not all!) of their catalogue at this point. Their Abbey Road Terrain release is a good listen, also footage of the session is on YouTube

2 Likes

A couple of nice Duke LPs bought for €10 each from a cool record shop while on a trip to Brussels:

3 Likes

“Enhanced for stereo” hows that sound?

Delivered whilst I was out today, sourced from a Discogs seller in Italy that I’ve used quite a lot.

Top left hand edge of the sleeve is a little rough, but the vinyl is in decent condition.
It’s had a quick clean as I wanted to play it, but I’ll give it a deeper clean later or at the weekend😊

11 Likes

Sure theres not something wrong with the sleeve, shoudnt it read Rush?

3 Likes

Not teaching you to suck eggs, always wise imo to give a used record a deep clean before playing it the first time, you never know what your stylus might be plowing.

I know, the impatience of, well not youth and not old age🤷🏽‍♂️, but impatience all the same😂
I did give it a short spin on the VCS…:face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Contrary to popular belief, I don’t just listen to Rush :man_shrugging:t4: :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like