What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I think Jason is coming to the rescue, I’ll know for sure on Monday. I’ll have to strip and replace the tweeter myself. Shouldn’t be too difficult. Jason gave me a handy tip too; don’t cut the hook up wires. Instead melt the old hot glue with isopropyl alcohol and it should peel away allowing you to desolder the wires from the old tweeter. Then just replace with the new tweeter, re-solder and then apply new hot glue. Then rebuild the SL2s as normal.

You make that sound very matter-of- fact, Richard. Good luck!

1 Like

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nice to see someone else with Antiphone Blues.
Its a good test of setup and room interaction, a strange feeling if you get the sax bigger than the organ.

1 Like

Just arrived from the excellent New Land Records - a four LP set (plus slipcase and book), collecting all of Mingus’ 1961/62 shows at Birdland in NYC.

3 Likes

I’m definitely in for this Kev if the we price isn’t too much could you please post some impress when have some.

1 Like

I think it will be about £110-20 when it goes on sale in January @Dreadatthecontrols - will let you know once I have had a chance to spin it. But the packaging and presentation seems great and the book by Brian Priestley and Christian McBride is excellent.

2 Likes

2023 Craft Recordings… :sunglasses: :grinning:

5 Likes

Think you was replying to someone else? Thanks for the info
:+1:

1 Like

LOL sorry Dread, it was @Bobthebuilder I meant to reply to!

1 Like

Very timely coincidence though as I’ve just been looking at a Mingus complete Atlantic recordings set.
I dont think its on vinyl though, a 7CD set

4 Likes

It’s on an 8 LP box set too @Dreadatthecontrols - still fairly easy to find

1 Like

Any good in your view (the LP set) ?

Got this one second hand today. Will be a good saturday evening with rock music and the distinctive Black Keys hard hitting bass sound! :blush:

6 Likes

Hope the heating is on.

8 Likes

God is an Astronaut
“All is violent, all is bright”

I deliberately held off buying this until their show in London last night.

Beautiful, atmospheric post rock

1 Like

I have an early press and the reissue with ‘old Phil’ cover from a few years back. This new one trounces both and not by a small margin. Clarity, dynamics, realism and scale are in another league. I have consequently pre-ordered some of the other titles in the series…much to my wallet’s dismay!

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

A couple of new New Lands have er, landed…

2 Likes

Definitely in for those two John Wright is an exceptional musician and a favourite.

1 Like

Donald Byrd - Live at the Half Cafe, BN/ Tone Poet (2023)

What a stunning recording of course the music is top drawer but it is both the recording, Kevin Gray’s remaster and RTI’s pressing that stands out. Up there with the very best Tone Poet’s in my opinion.

3 Likes