What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

From Juno records…

Larry & Alvin - Poor Man A Feel It (Jamaican Art)

Back in the late eighties up until about 2000 there was a superb Dutch Jamaican Music re issue label Jamaican Gold, they have an impressive catalogue.
Sadly the label went bust but has recently reactivated as a vinyl only label under the name Jamaican Art Records.
A few titles have appeared so far including this lovely quality Roots Reggae recording from 1978 with Larry (Marshall) & Alvin (Leslie) at Channel One and Harry J studios, backed by The Revolutionaries.
Its a previously unreleased gem, transferred from the original master tape at producer Alvin Ranglin’s GG Studio in Kingston.
Nice gatefold sleeve with detailed sleeve notes and good pressing

:heart:

1 Like

Anyone had any experience of the ORG Music (US) label?
Good?.Bad?.Indifferent?

Very good Dread. Their stuff is quite pricey over here though.

1 Like

I was looking at some Ohio Players re issues, Pleasure is a gatefold LP & poster for £35. But then I was wondering why buy that when I can get the Ace/Westbound pressing for about £18

Jose Gonzalez, ’Veneer’ anniversary edition just released. Lovely.

5 Likes

Picked up these at the weekend.

Sky and Sky 2 - £3.99 each. Perfectly listenable, very much so, after a good clean, to all those who think vinyl has to be expensive! It can be very cheap if you like well worn stuff from the 70s & 80s :wink:

Tonto’s Expanding Head Band - Zero Time after being prompted about it on the forum a few months ago, and streaming it since.

Tears For Fears - Saturnine Martial & Lunatic.

And, Shabaka & The Ancestors - We Are Sent Here By History

Working through them all tonight - have a good evening/afternoon/morning everyone

6 Likes

Good choice :+1:

1 Like

180gr and very good pressing. Highly recommended.
Link; (Tettero plays Eddie Harris & Les McCann | Tettero)

Lloyd Cole - On Pain

Signed copy from the merch table at his gig at the Brighton Dome last night

4 Likes

Big up for Tonto.
Try their second also, It’s About Time, also on Atlantic.

2 Likes

Thanks kemosabe

2 Likes

You struck gold finding the Shabaka in what I assume was a charity shop.

1 Like

Ah sorry, that was new, as was Tears For Fears. I bought them from The Vinyl Frontier in Eastbourne, a record store and cafe selling new and second hand. Sky, Sky 2 and Zero Time were preloved. Or at least pre owned, they hadn’t seen much love recently! And that’s no reflection on the store, they were priced accordingly

1 Like

A local Oxfam had 3 of the Sky LPs recently. There must be alternate universe holding these things !

2 Likes

There were a few of each to choose from! I checked each and picked the best looking ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

That makes more sense! I wish we had a decent shop like that in MIlton Keynes, but I suppose it’s better for my bank account and having one would make my storage issues even more acute!

It’s not in MK, but have we spoken before about Black Circle records in Leighton Buzzard? They have a reasonable selection of grubby second hand stuff that usually cleans up ok too X)

I think LB has a number of second hand record stores, but Black Circle is the only one I “frequent” (I probably go once every couple of months)

Yes - I go there off and on, including on RSD day in the past- but it requires a special journey so I’m not inclined to go unless I know they have something in particular that I want.

1 Like

Donald Byrd - Chant, BN/TP (2023)

Reissue of the 2019 Tone Poet which was £29.99 I just paid £43 but I’ve been waiting and waiting for a cheaper used copy but they never come up.

I now just need Royal Flush to complete my Blue Note Donald Byrd/Pepper Adams collection.

s-l960

6 Likes

2010 Analogue Productions Mono 45rpm double vinyl… :sunglasses: :grinning:

2 Likes