What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

This one, bought from the merch stand at their gig at Birkenhead’s Future Yard last night (1/11).

download (3)

This Joe Strummer one from his website, I already had it on CD and also gave the white vinyl RSD 2023 release. This version sounds much better.

download (4)

This one that’s been in my river shopping cart for months.

download (5)

And this one from Juno. Unfortunately, the centre hole is way off centre so it’s going back. It’s an “Ultra” LP -with some real quirks.

1. Two different intros to the same song; one acoustic the other electric. Which intro you get depends on which groove the stylus finds. Then there’s an annoying skip where the grooves merge together.
  2. One side plays from the innermost groove to the outer edge.
  3. Hidden songs under the labels, one at 45rpm and the other at 78rpm (that I’ll never hear).
    Very odd.

Jack_White_-_Lazaretto

3 Likes

2008 Analogue Productions 45rpm double vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes:

3 Likes

Typical Jack White gimmickry :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Last of the recently purchased Analogue Productions 45rpm double vinyl… :sunglasses: :grinning:

6 Likes

What are your Impressions?

Jusrt arrived from Diverse… the latest in Light In The Attic’s absolutely fabulous series of Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood reissues.

3 Likes

Ohhh, mine’s on order from Juno, couldn’t remember when it was due! :+1:
Got to keep that collection complete :rofl:

1 Like

Prince Fatty - Prince Fatty Meets the Gorgon, Gorgon/North Parade Records (2023)

High Grade Audiophile Reggae from Brighton based producer Prince Fatty.

Reworked Dubs from Bunny Striker Lee.

1 Like

Jackie Wilson - easterly winds, BN/Tone Poet (2023)

What a line up, what a selection, what a remaster and what a presentation.

Lee Morgan, Garnett Brown,Jackie McLean, Bob Cranshaw & Billy Higgins come together in this late 60’s Blue Note recording.

A1, top drawer and worth every penny.

4 Likes

John Wright Trio - Nice ‘n’ Tasty, New Land (2023)

3 Likes

Kenny Dorham with Sonny Rollins - Jazz Contrasts, New Land (2023)

3 Likes

Liverpool group, called The Beatles - ‘Abbey Road’.

I wonder if they ever recorded anything else?

4 Likes

Being a bit of a Talking Heads fan I was delighted when the new Stop Making Sense was released. I was about to buy it there and then, but then thought it would be a nice wee stocking filler for Christmas, so I let it lay for a while.

Unfortunately, or stupidly, I missed the ‘limited edition’ bit and not surprisingly they are becoming rather rare and expensive! Mrs M found a reasonably priced one via Amazon from Germany and with discount credits she had we were able to secure it for a reasonable (ish) price.

Delivery was prompt and packaging was fine, but take a look at the state of the cover!

It would appear that there must have been tape or something stuck to it and someone has just ripped it off. Maybe it was part of the original wrapping that was on it, I don’t know. The vinyl and booklet are fine.

I generally don’t mind if the cover of an LP is a little scruffy as long as the vinyl is good, but this is taking it way too far for a new LP. It was sold as new and priced as new, no mention of the damage whatsoever.

They do not have another copy to replace it, so I feel that I am entitled to an appropriate partial refund. I have no intention of ever selling it on but this really effects the value of it. So I will gather my thoughts and compile an appropriate reply to them.

I am so disappointed and a little angry.

3 Likes

Yeah but didnt make much impact

Partial refund? Full refund no argument!. As you bought from Amazon you should be fine, if you paid on credit card you will usually be covered too, dont stress it

1 Like

They could have been big!

There was a recent film, which presented an alternative reality, in which The Beatles never ‘made it’. I can’t for the life of me remember what the film was called.

1 Like

Brilliant film, Yesterday . A musician wakes up after an accident in a world where the Beatles had never existed, but he knows all the songs and makes them out for himself.

2 Likes

Thank you. Could you remind me of the cast? (I would search myself, but my Mac is uncooperative today, for no apparent reason.)

A couple of new Crafts have arrived:

3 Likes

Arrived just now - ‘Hawkwind’. I must have heard some of this when it was released around 50 years ago, but I have no idea what to expect when I play it!

2 Likes