What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Had a look on the website which states from 1 to 1 tape transfers of the master tapes.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that means cut from copy tapes.
Not that that is neccesarily a bad thing but almost certainly would be better if they could have cut direct from the masters.

1 Like

It’s in the last of the pictures posted by @KJC. I have a few recordings of Beethoven’s Violin Concerto, but I agree that the Schneiderhan is my top choice too.

Trip to local farm shop for fruit, veg and vinyl…as you do!

6 Likes

Farm shop vinyl what a great idea

Maggie's_Farm_single_cover

shopping.jpeg

3 Likes

seems so @Dreadatthecontrols and for a GZ pressing very expensive compared with a 40$ AP edition for a 33rpm record. there are actually really good ones available at the Acoustic Sounds shop in the US plus all the MoFi editions (if you like them).

1 Like

E.S.T. - Winter In Venice
2020 ACT pressed by Optimal

Just tested my last purchase, was delivered today. A perfect example how good Optimal could work @Dreadatthecontrols This pressing is quiet, flat with a fine soundstage. I am a bit surprised because it was released at 30 October 2020. These were the times as every second pressing from them was rubbish as I can remember. A great bargain for 2LPset for 20 EUR.

6 Likes

Thanks for posting this @krautnaimie, I had missed it, now ordered! :+1: :grin:

1 Like

Like I suggested perhaps not neccesarily directly the fault of Optimal.

1 Like

What’s the DBQ like? Very tempted.

charity shop buys, £2.50 each. Will need a clean though !!

double compilation from Grapefruit(Cherry Red), detailed sleeve notes and lots of rare tracks, complements Love and Poetry 3Cd set. First of a potential series of Lp releases by Grapefruit label. Latest Studio Kosmiche, their interpretation of soundtrack for Angers film Lucifer Rising, very ambient-think Popul Vuh/Ashra Tempel- detailed sleeve notes, poster and patterned outer plastic sleeve. Both form Carnival Records, Malvern
Stephen

Curtis Counce - You Get More Bounce… Craft/Contemporary (2023)

8 Likes

Is that Curtis Counce record good?

I ask, because I’ve seen it on this site a few times, so it must have a few admirers - unless you have posted multiple times, Bob.

(Also, I have a couple of those Craft LP issues from the 1960s, and they sound good.)

I’ve not heard this particular reissue yet so cannot comment on it but have streamed the record many times and it is excellent again brilliant production by Roy DuNann and exceptional playing by the band especially Harold Land, Carl Perkins and of course Curtis Counce.

1 Like

Yes @anon70766008, I have it and it is very good!! :+1: :grin:

1 Like

Arrived yesterday, now cleaned and ready to play… :+1:t3: :grinning:

10 Likes

a quick report would be nice then :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

Nina Simone’s Wild is the Wind from the Acoustic Sounds Verve series. Lovely, just lovely…

7 Likes

Arrived this week. Amy Winehouse Frank Half Speed. Going to my groove man later this arvo for a good bubble bath in an Audio Desk Pro.

7 Likes

One of the better Abbey Rd remasters and a brilliant debut.

2 Likes