What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Yes definitely up for Donny Hathaway’s releases do you know when they are scheduled for release?

No, I guess much will depend on the pace of the roll out. Looking at the catalogue numbering, the two DH albums are AAPA 051-45 and AAPA 052-45, so about 48 releases from what’s out now. At a guess we could be looking at 2025?

1 Like

Hopefully A Trick of the Tail will be released.

It’s in the schedule of releases and has a cat no. of AAPA 073-45

1 Like

The last purchases were not very cheap :blush:

I definitely wanted to have one UHQR and steely dan aja offered. I just got it and heard it 5 min very briefly. Hasn’t jumped on, but sounded fantastic. I’ll listen to them on the weekend and compare it with the standard reissue.

Phil Collins (Analogue Productions Atlantic 75 Series) I had to have them. Great sounded, unfortunately crooked, get a new one.

Annete Askvik was a coincidence, I saw it at a very small dealer and got it for 70€. Very good sound.

4 Likes

Hank Mobley - No Room For Squares. From the Blue Note Classic series, and what a classic it is! Could it be anything else with such a lineup of talent?? Oh yes, and to cap it all, one of the great Francis Wolff photos for the cover. Lovely pressing (well done Optimal) and great sound round off an essential LP for any collection.

16 Likes

Brilliant LP, only on CD at the mo but looking at getting the BNC release too!

Also the influence on John Mayer’s debut album should not be ignored!

1 Like

Lineup is fantastic :+1: enjoy it

The consensus seems to be that Soul Station is the Hank Mobley album to have, but I’ve always preferred this one.

Postie has just dropped this to me.

Craft. Nice BE to add to my treasured collection.

12 Likes

Any news on the sound mine is due over the weekend?

So far Bob…its excellent. Flat and quiet.

Enjoying this very much.

Any suggestions from anyone how you keep the OBI in place after removing the cellophane wrap?

1 Like

I put mine in a Blake style sleeve, keeps everything protected including the OBI :+1: :grin:

3 Likes

The John Wright Trio - Nice ‘N’ Tasty, New Land/Prestige (2023)

Another high grade AAA reissue from New Land remastered by Kevin Grey and pressed at Pallas this is the 6th New Land reissue I’ve bought and they have gotten progressively
better going from excellent to superlative.

Equal to the very best Tone Poets pressing and sound wise it’s only the Tone Poet sleeves that are slightly better though this heavy card, Matt finished sleeve isn’t far off.

Included inside is a beautiful reproduced portrait of John Wright.

I can’t wait to give the Kenny Dorham reissue that came with it a spin later.

1 Like

Ah,ofcourse. I have a spare somewhere.
Grateful

1 Like

2016 AAA Reissue Series… :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

4 Likes

8 Likes

My copy arrived yesterday, just spinning now and wow! That is a quality piece of vinyl.

3 Likes

Billie Holiday - Songs For Distingue Lovers
2023 AS Series

Some months ago, I had the possibility to compare this record and the one from Nina Simone (Wild is the Wind) from the same series at my friend’s LP12. We both were deeply impressed by this masterpiece from Billie and the mastering of Chad Kassem. It has clarity and dynamic that are overwhelming. The soundstage is fabulous, the drums are dancing. What a record, the saxophone is so clear and standing in my room. Fantastico :ok_hand: Now the best vocal Jazz album I own. I had the patience to wait for a price drop, here we go :v:

10 Likes

Kenny Dorham with Sonny Rollins - Jazz Contrasts, New Land/ Riverside (2023)

Another superlative New Land reissue remastered by Kevin Grey and pressed at Pallas.

Top draw line up featuring Hank Jones, Oscar Pettiford, Max Roach and on the harp a musician new to me Betty Glamman.

4 Likes