What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Durand Jones & The Indications Ft Yo La Bamba - Cruisin’ in the Parque, Colemine Records (2023)

What a tune!!!

1 Like

Arrived today

4 Likes

Thank you for reminding me that I had this one waiting to be played. A fab sound that puts you right there in a spacious acoustic with the band spread wide and Billie front and centre. The gorgeous glossy gatefold Stoughton sleeve really caps a stunning record.

7 Likes

Steely Dan UHQR is brilliant. Don’t regret the money. The best vinyl i have

1 Like

You‘re welcome @Richard.Dane
The sound is incredible, my mouth was wide open :wink:

2 Likes

5 Likes

I blame @Richard.Dane! Although, to be fair they are all excellent.

7 Likes

”Grace” by Jeff Buckley and Khruangbin ”Mordechai”

1 Like

IMG_0722

2017 Jazz At 33⅓ rpm series release… :sunglasses: :grinning:

8 Likes

@TheKevster is that the pressing that’s coming out on 1st December?

It is Mike!

Is that the 45rpm LP? I was thinking of getting it, and her latest LP, but they are very expensive to get landed in New Zealand, so have stuck with a CD rip for Liberty and a download for With Every Cell. As you say, excellent sound quality.

1 Like

Damn fine album this one - lucky to get vinyl from my favourite vinyl store

10 Likes

Not to mention this one - in my view his best

10 Likes

Evidently this was originally rejected by the powers that be at Blue Note away back but finally agreed to it’s release

The Tone Poet mastered by Kevin Gray is wonderful

4 Likes

Bill Evans Trio - Sunday at the Village Vanguard/Riverside, Craft/OJC (2023)

Excellent job so happy to finally have a good copy of this it’s in another league to the cheap Waxtime copy I had.

8 Likes

Hi @krautnaimie it is a superb recording in any case so probably no surprise that your finding the AS mastering to sound likewise.
Similarly Lady In Satin is a great recording, sadly she passed soon after recording it.
On both Songs For Distingue Lovers and Lady In Satin, Billie’s voice is shot through with the ravages of drink, drugs and abuse but she still gives the performances her all.
:heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the information @Dreadatthecontrols you can hear a certain vulnerability
From Lady in Satin there is an AP edition I think, is there an alternative you can recommend?

1 Like

IMG_0723

2023 Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series… :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

5 Likes