What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Mines in the post. Glad to hear it’s a good un.

1 Like

Lovely isn’t it.

2 Likes

Yes A1

Cleaned and ready to play… :grinning:

2023 Original Jazz Classics release… :sunglasses: :notes:

4 Likes

The AP would be good I’m sure. Currently I only have the Columbia Legacy CD with studio outtakes, its at times a difficult listen and enough to bring a grown man to tears, and it has.

For early Billie and with her lovely young voice still intact I love the Commodore Sessions, see if you can find those. She was recording for Columbia in the late thirties but they restricted what they would allow her to record, so Milt Gabler invited her to record for his independent Commodore label where she recorded amongst others the powerful lynching song Strange Fruit.

This is a decent CD of the master takes on GRP which I imagine can be picked up for little money.

There are various titles on Qobuz including The Complete Commodore Recordings also originally from GRP

Remember, these are historic recordings so dont expect audiophile fireworks

:heart:

2 Likes

Wow, this must be an emotional recording, will listen to it soon.

Will have a look on some releases next year. I bought too much records this year so there are only some preorders to expect :roll_eyes: Waiting just for the Bill Evans and the new Wayne Shorter BN Classic.

Thanks for your recommendations :+1:

1 Like

I ordered that one too. I hope they have stock.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Particularly when you hear how she struggles in the outtakes. She passed a few weeks later iirc which also makes the experience a bit sadly voyeuristic imo
:heart:

1 Like

My gramophone is in the menders, so currently enjoying CD’s n Stream :+1:

1 Like

5 Likes

Added to wishlist!

Arrived yesterday. Pleasantly surprised with how good it sounds.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Dj Tahira - Minhas Versoes

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Witch Doctor, BN/Tone Poet (2023)

Missed this first time around but managed to find a copy of the reissue for £25 inc p&p so very happy.

8 Likes

Smoke Fairies latest release.

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Mosaic. A recent reissue in the Blue Note Classic series. Really enjoying this album even if the sound just misses the top rung (still excellent though). Superb pressing from Optimal.

6 Likes

True Blue - Tina Brooks. One of the all-time great Blue Notes and a much anticipated release in the Classic series. Awesome album, top notch sonics, great cut from Kevin Gray. Pressing pretty good but some low level roar between tracks and one or two pops - I’ll run it through the RCM and see whether it clears. Still, superb…

9 Likes

Which goes to show Optimal’s quality control is a problem because mine was full of those awful ripping noises rendering it unplayable.

What a shame. Sorry to hear it.