What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Very happy to have nabbed this!

4 Likes

My replacement copy had arrived. I put on side B. Unfortunately the voice is still distorted. Is it just me, or has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Hi Richard
I’ll play mine again over the weekend as I’m sure I haven’t heard that on my copy when I last played it, and I’ve played it a couple of times now.

Thanks. I’ve tried it on two different setups and it’s just as distorted on the voice on the first track of side B. Back it goes again, I guess…

81vlV-yWJeL.SS500

Cleaned and ready to play… :+1:

6 Likes

Richard
I have just played side B again and on My Oh My I can possibly understand that there may be some slight distortion but I compared it to my flac rip and to the remastered version on Qobuz and its the same on all 3 versions so obviously the mastering.

Compared to my CD the sibilant distortion on his voice on My Oh My is unlistenable on the LP. It really does sound like the stylus is broken regardless of which deck I play it on. Reading around the 'net it appears I’m far from alone.

1 Like

Now that I’ve had time to give this a spin I’m very impressed with the pressing and sound quality. £20 in the HMV sale

8 Likes

Bobbie Gentry - Ode to Billy Jo UK mono first press
Audience - House On The Hill UK First Press
Yes - Going For The One UK earlyish press.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Spent most of yesterday afternoon/evening playing this and improving my German pronunciation! I think this album is my Gary Numan ‘Savage’ discovery of 2020.

They’ve never been PC, but I gather some tracks/videos are quite controversial because offence has been taken, to me at least, it seems for the wrong reasons.

2 Likes

One of my favorite live albums ever. MoFi has a version out too.

2 Likes

Mine too. Next live album to replace for me will be Rory Gallagher Irish Tour…!

Rammstein. Played this morning on your recommendation. (Apple music). Certainly woke me up. Not everybody in the house liked it but fortunately I’m fluent in heavy music.

1 Like

I’ve found it to be a real grower, and actually great to sing along to!

1 Like

She drove a Plymouth Satellite…! :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Dot have much faith for Buniatishvili’s playing but love the cover!

2 Likes

Elemental reissue:

10 Likes

Same here. I was very pleased with my copy of White Ladder.

Brilliant album

1 Like