What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

The Basia Bulat new album “Are You In Love”

3 Likes

A bit of George and some bits of David

8 Likes

My Baby - Live! This has been around a while on the streaming services, but is pretty new to vinyl.

Excellent album, I’ve number 2 of 250 of the red ones, which are also 180g, despite Bandcamp not calling it “heavyweight “

3 Likes

A great delivery today. Splashed out on a bunch of vinyl from the Bluenote sale.

Just enjoying Brian Blade

3 Likes

Neil Young’s After the gold rush, in a dusty vintage cave in Lindau, on Costanza Lake. For just one song mainly, Don’t let it bring you down. I love to play and sing it sometimes. I am preparing my retirement days with three guitars and some acceptable voice remaining. After all, singing is the only thing I really loved in my life to the point of losing myself in it.

I’ll now move the track to the Song of the day thread.

4 Likes

Postie brought these two today from the HMV sale

6 Likes

I bought

on Vinyl from Theo Travis’ web site. This is from the band’s allocation and they get all the money.

2 Likes

Well, this one is a great album!

2 Likes

If you’re going to go out, go out in style and with this one they certainly did!

1 Like

Pavlov’s Dog Pampered Menial - 45 Year anniversary. Transparent black marble vinyl. Deluxe gatefold linen laminate sleeve. Vast improvement in SQ from my CBS copy purchased in 1981

1 Like

Very nice…45 years :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

Still got my copy from from whenever, it actually plays quite well (I think it’s re-issue, not sure what year) unlike my copy of At The Sound Of The Bell!

Sorry to hear that. Both my CBS issues of Pampered Menial and At the Sound of the Bell, sound Ok.
I have cleaned all my old vinyl and and anything I buy on my Project VCS, and stick them in brand new anti stat sleeves. It makes a huge difference on some of my older, dirtier and s/h stuff.
It removes any static and the die-release agent from new. The difference is more subtle, but still a clear improvement. Some more than others.

Do similar myself with my VPI, unfortunately At The Sound Of The Bell has quite a lot of clicks/pops on one side that wont clear up. Two really good albums

I couldn’t agree more, stonewall classics, both are lifetime albums. At the Sound of the Bell was very difficult to get hold of in 1982. I found a copy at the closing down sale of a record shop in the West end of Glasgow.
Hopefully there will be a similar reissue next year.

Half speed mastered, looking forward to giving this one a spin later

7 Likes

A few years old now but managed to find it cheap online. A fantastic album that’s a little different to some of Josh Ritters other records and is a bit more lively. Took a few listens for me to get into it but now absolutely love it. A fantastic vinyl pressing too!

1 Like

I went mad: all first pressings
Talking Heads Fear of Music - lost mine years ago
The Fall - The Wonderful World Of…
The Fall Perverted By Language
The Slits Typical Girls ‘official’ boot
Puccini Turandot highlights on Decca ( I have the CD box, but hey…)

Oh, and Blood Sweat Tears ‘Superdisc’ - purely to compare to my fp UK…

All in transit. Looking forward to playing em.

1 Like

Oh this sounds good, why can’t all new vinyl be half speed mastered?

His ex wife?? I’ll have a listen later. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like