What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Should be good!

Ordered the LP set, looking for the CD set now.

2 Likes

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiOTUwMjY4MS4xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6MzAwfSwianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo2NX0sInRvRm9ybWF0IjoianBlZyJ9LCJ0aW1lc3RhbXAiOjE2OTIxNzg5MjV9
Has anyone listened to this new release from Sokolov?

2 Likes

A superb pressing, sound is sublime. I haven’t got one as I’ve two UK 1st presses and like you have baulked at the crazy used prices. If I ever see one reasonably priced I’d buy it :+1:

2 Likes

Trust me, unless you have a 6e/4e original the 40th anniversary (2012) is the one to get. Early pressings of the Five Years box set also contain that same pressing although they changed it to the digital version later. I listened to the 50th but thought it was poor compared with these two.
Aladdin Sane, UK 1st press or the superb RCA International pressing from 1981 (green label). Just make sure that one has the ‘bilbo tape one’ in the runout.

3 Likes

Thanks @Blackstar. I have the 6e 4e - it’s great, agree.

Never heard the International Aladdin - must keep an eye out.

2 Likes

In your opinion better than say Herbie Hancock, Charles Lloyd, I think Sonny Rollins is still with us…

1 Like

Didn’t buy, sold; £300 :innocent:
(Popular Swedish singer-songwriter)

1 Like

Wonderful reissue, although I had to ask for an order replacement due to a defect in one of the three discs (thanks Amazon).

2 Likes

This arrived yesterday after a long wait. 2023 200g newly cut from the master tapes (what isn’t!!). That said like all Island label vinyl I have purchased over the years it is a superb pressing and the sound quality is terrific.

6 Likes

For all the vinyl lovers out there :grinning:

7 Likes

F#7sus4 you mean?
:upside_down_face:

Joe Pass - Better Days, Gwyn Records/P-Vine (2023)

Wow!! Sometimes a recording just goes right to your soul and stays there Joe Pass looks like a school teacher but plays guitar like a a cross between Grant Green and George Benson.

Recorded in 1970 when lots of Jazz musicians were trying and failing miserably to add a large slice of soul to their music.

Not every track hits the spot but those that do Better Days by JJ Johnson, Joe Sample’s Free Sample, Burning Spear, Tom Scott’s Head Start and especially We’ll Be Together Again that closes the record are in my opinion exceptional.

1 Like

These lovely gems arrived today. I must say, the presentation is exemplary, they are so well presented and it’s a credit to the band to produce something of such quality. I feel very grateful to have them in my collection.

A shout out to Band Camp too, delivered to NZ in 11 days from the order.

Our daughter Rebecca was delighted. I showed her the parcel, and she said “is that music”, to which I said “Yes”, to which she replied “Pendragon?”. Gold.

Just look at this quality. Pendragon Love Over Fear LP and North Star EP:

7 Likes

Cat Power sings Dylan The 1966 Royal Albert Hall Concert: very excellent particularly the first vinyl album which is the unplugged acoustic.
The second vinyl Which is the Plugged has a substandard recording, Little bit like the original Dylan album, which apparently has a substandard recording with vinyl Second LP.

Eva Cassidy with the London Symphony Orchestra, “I can only be me”. What can I say Eva Cassidy an amazing singer! I understand the London Symphony Orchestra has put music to the Song lyrics from the night Bird album, brilliant.

What can I say, New Zealand’s best kept secret maybe?

Aldous Harding “WARM CHRIS” watch that space, flipping good. I also have your designer album. Both recommended.

2 Likes

2016 reissue… :+1:t3: :grinning:

11 Likes

The Horace Silver Quintet & Trio - Blowin’ The Blues Away. A cracking album done very nicely here as part of the BN Classic Vinyl series. Nice cut by Kevin Gray although I sense the tapes just lacking the nth degree of freshness - not uncommon these days after 60+ years. Superb pressing too from Optimal.

12 Likes

have just ordered a “5 LP Mystery Box” from Rock a Buy Records…will post what they are when they arrive!

5 Likes

Maybe their starting to pay attention! :joy:

1 Like

Someone on another thread was saying that there are too many albums that they love which are being re-released because they are “of an age”, and that they wouldn’t be buying them because they have the originals anyway. I agree, absolutely. But… Decca double album re-release, with some new stereo Steven Wilson mixes and live at the BBC tracks…

6 Likes