What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Reason enough not to buy it and stick to original!:sunglasses:

7 Likes

TVZ For the Sake of the Song on Poppy

On 45 and sounds great

A couple of post fomo price Tone Poets.

Donald Byrd - One Flight Up

This has been generally very well recieved and highly rated as one of the best from the TP series, initially it didnt really click with me and felt it a bit over rated musically speaking, but having streamed it regularly its grown on me so what the heck…

Sonny Clark Trio

Almost anything with Paul Chambers & Philly Joe Jones piques my interest and along with Sonny Clark is enough to make me want to buy this one.

8 Likes

Nice choice, both are also on my post fomo list :wink:

1 Like

When I ordered those yesterday Night Dreamer was out of stock, now these have arrived I get an email saying Night Dreamer is back in stock, I think thats what us English call sods law! :joy:

1 Like

I haven’t yet heard the Cat Power Dylan album, but the original Columbia professional recordings of the Dylan 66 tour both acoustic and electric(Sheffield, Manchester and the two RAH London shows) are very good sounding as are some of the soundboards, recorded in mono with a Nagra. I wouldn’t call them “substandard” in any way although they were of course recorded with 60’s equipment. The CBS engineers struggled to get the electric sound on tape, and used limiters which compressed the sound the Sheffield recording being unusable. Manchester and the two London RAH gigs, the last of the tour are good but you may notice the effect of the limiter. I was fortunate to be at the last 66 Dylan RAH gig and the Cat Power last year, the Dylan was almost life changing , the Cat Power lots of fun.

3 Likes

Wow, that is awesome!!!
Thank you for that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

2022 The Beatles - Revolver super deluxe box set… :grinning:

11 Likes

So the 5 disc “Mystery Box” has arrived. In it was:
U2 “Under a Blood Red Sky”
Eric Clapton “Money and Cigarettes”
Yes “90125”
Elton John “Too Low for Zero”
Emerson Lake & Palmer “Trilogy”

Some interesting stuff to listen to tonight

Back from my afternoon constitutional to find this on the doorstep!

9 Likes

IMG_4467

US print from the mid-eighties. €10 at a Christmas stall

10 Likes

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound. So here it is, the AP 45rpm, and I can see this one might be controversial. Why? Well because this takes us back to the original mix and so if you’ve got used to the titillated Davis remix then initially it can underwhelm. However… what this gives you is phenomenal inner clarity and detail that really opens things up for what can sometimes be quite dense in the original mix. It can also at times seem almost a bit bass light, particularly if you’re used to the Davis remix which added so much more heft, but don’t worry, when the Taurus kicks in on Firth of Fifth, you are left in no doubt that you’re getting it all and just what’s in the original tapes. I’m very much looking forward to the next Genesis release from AP, which I’ve already ordered…

18 Likes

Just released today the Bernie Grundman remastered from original analog tapes…
Outstanding, a must hear, Naim just punches it out of the park with it’s PRaT :beers:

12 Likes

I got mine today as well
I was going to order on UHQR but not sure if it could really better this.
Really outstanding

Monty Alexander - the Montreux Years live from 4 legendary concerts

Very impressive I must say - SQ really good

7 Likes

2023 Blue Note Tone Poet Series… :sunglasses: :grinning:

5 Likes

Peter Gabriel - i/o Bright Side Mix & Dark Side Mix… :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

5 Likes

Ancient Infinity Orchestra - River of Light, Gondwana Records GONDLP065 (2023)

Hailing from Leeds this 14 piece Jazz ensemble led by Double Bassist and composer Ozzy Moysey are more Cinematic than the Cinematic Orchestra and are capable of producing wide lens music influenced from the east right across to the west.

Really heartening to see young musicians of this quality making music today.

1 Like

Naissam Jalal - Healing Rituals, Les couleurs du son CDS238933LP (2023)

A lovely collection of songs by an artist new to me until l heard a track from this record on YouTube.

Recorded at Gil Evans Studio, Amiens and excellently mastered by Marwan Danoun at Galaxy Studio.

Nice pressing and presentation with a free HD download rather than the usual free mp3 freebie.

1 Like