What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Got mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a Sunday arvo and the hard working postie has just delivered Nick Drake Pink Moon, 2012 remastered box set. Brand new and sealed in immaculate condition. I’m going to give it a nice wash and dry before a spin tonight. Christmas has come early for me. Chuffed to bits.

12 Likes

Popped into Resident Music yesterday to seek out something, they didn’t have it and saw this. Listened to it last night and very happy with the rest by boygenius 10" EP.

1 Like

These 2 birthday gifts arrived this morning.

Jan Akkerman - Close Beauty
Traffic - 1st Album (This is the 2019 remaster of the 1968 original)

Will be spinning them both this afternoon.

2 Likes

Late delivery yesterday.

2 Likes

Nice! Where did you find that? Discogs?

1 Like

These two albums arrived at lunchtime today.
Daughter- If you leave
Daughter- Not to Disappear

And this afternoon had perfect weather for being sat indoors listening to good music.

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

5 Likes

Hi yes from a excellent German seller on Discogs. This one replaces a 2022 repress that I recently brought with pressing problems.

1 Like

What is the sound on this like Chocky I played this to death when it came out but like Definitely Maybe have not found a vinyl copy I’ve liked.

U2 - Songs of Surrender - 4lp.

Came out just over 8 months ago. When I first heard a few tracks from it, I thought the iconic ones sounded slow and odd. It was also something like £100, therefore I didn’t buy it. It suddenly dropped half price on Amazon, so I gave it a go and glad I did. I’ve played some of the tracks several times over and they’ve definitely grown on me. Having 40 year old tracks reworked is never going to be an easy listen, but I think I see why they’ve done it. The recordings sound wonderful too. Reference quality. Just did a quick search here and can’t see any results. Surely I’m not the only one to have bought this?

3 Likes

You’re not the only one - I had it for my birthday this year.

1 Like

The Gary Bartz Album is not available anymore @Dreadatthecontrols , just got a mail from my retailer

The Collier Album will be released in January, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t6:

Made a short visit at my local store, bought the last 2 albums for this year :wink:

1 Like

Its still showing in stock on Bandcamp if that works for you

Since we last spoke my copy of Wayne Shorter arrived but still without gramophone at the moment

4 Likes

I am hoping Santa brings this. Suggestions have been made. This is my favourite WS album and I have several copies including a first US pressing and a 45 yr anniversary Japanese pressing. I’m still looking forward to this one.

1 Like

I know but the shipping to Germany is very expensive, I will wait for the release of the one from Collier in January and then I will check it out again. Got the Mofi RunDMC for a good price so my assets are even. New year new game :wink:

Wayne Shorter BN Classic is really fantastic but you should check out the pressing quality soon. You will never know. When should xour TT be back?

1 Like

Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado. One of those special albums that takes me back to a particular happy time and place. I was really impressed with the standard/Music on Vinyl reissue, so was curious about this one from Mobile Fidelity. What you get here, apart from the lovely heavy gatefold cover and immaculate pressing is slightly less of the “wall of sound” with more layering, and a good deal more weight and power. But you do pay a fair premium here, and I could have remained in ignorant bliss with the MOV or the standard reissue, which remains a bargain.

8 Likes

Gerry Rafferty - City to City. Another album that takes me back to a happy time and place. Bittersweet as it reminds so much of my sadly departed eldest Sister. As for this double LP reissue, I really thought that spreading it out over two LPs would be a great idea, but why only 3 sides?? What a waste. It’s good, very good, but probably no great advance sonically over either the original or the the '80s Fame reissue. Oh, except the vinyl here is orange. Lovely!

11 Likes

You have had plenty of time to catch up on recent purchases. Hope you enjoy Richard.

@Mike_S
Heres one out of left field, i have 3 pressings out of the 200 made. Classic Dunedin sound from 2007
Just look at the art work! My favourite cousin Karen is the base player. The pressing is superb
As it was produced by the drummer which ironically has given it a slight bottom end bias :joy:, but tight is right and in the chest. I just love it! think you can still get an album on TM 35 bucks.

4 Likes