What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

In my basket and a definite future purchase but this weeks purchases where the new OJC pressing of The Cats and Verve By Requests Charlie Parker reissue.

I was a muppet and bought Now and Then from the record store around the corner and while I was at it I also picked up a copy of the slipcased set.

These seem to be nice German versions.

8 Likes

Just pre-ordered this new LP release on Trunk by the great Basil Kirchin. Two movie soundtracks.

3 Likes

I haven’t bought much new vinyl recently, but have been waiting a long time for this one!

Yaadcore, Reggaeland

Pressed through Diggers Factory, anyone know much about them? I read bits on their website, and they seem to be doing good things!

1 Like

2005 Speakers Corner release… :sunglasses: :notes:

3 Likes

Dec 2023 Craft Original Jazz Classics Series release… :grinning: :sunglasses:
Avatar changed to match, two more new arrivals!! :grinning: :grin: :black_cat: :black_cat: :black_heart: :black_heart:

6 Likes

APHI_33201__154986__12152020084124-455

Acoustic Sounds Series - Philips PHS 600-172 - 180 Gram Virgin Vinyl

AAA 100% Analogue - Mastered by Ryan K. Smith

@Richard.Dane @krautnaimie This does sound great. Such a talented singer. Beautifully pressed too. Nice one, cheers.

7 Likes

Oh yes, this one is fantastic :ok_hand:

1 Like

£10 new/sealed record fair today.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Anyone know what the new 7 album box set ‘Four Women’ is like?

1 Like

I‘m not sure from what source it is made and where it will be pressed. Plus I‘m not really interested in buying it. So I haven’t followed it anymore

1 Like

Got this on order, thankyou to @Bobthebuilder for the heads up.

As you may know, I have an obsession with Bill Evans… just unable to explain it really.

Craft are top of the game in my view with wonderful and respectful reissues and this beauty will add another gem to my collection.

8 Likes

Bill was a brilliant and very complex person have you seen Time Remembered on Amazon Prime excellent film.

Yes, several times, wonderful documentary.

1 Like

I’ve just been spinning this Roy Haynes Quarter reissue from Acoustic Sounds. It’s very good indeed, but there appears to be some odd issues on the left channel that sound to me like tape problems or damage, with some drop outs, especially on the last track of side one.

If anybody here has this one, could you let me know whether you can hear similar. That way I’ll know whether it’s just my copy of if it’s actually the mastering or tape. Thanks.

3 Likes

I bought the Dark Side Mix of Peter Gabriel’s i/o and have to say I was very disappointed.
The packaging and everything was excellent but the vinyl quite noisy. Would have accepted it at £20, but not at £40. Have ordered it 2xCD & DVD package instead.

2 Likes

I have it Richard and can’t remember the issues you have but I’ve only played it once I’ll give it another spin tomorrow night when I’m home alone and let you know.

Just checked Discogs and out of 11 reviews only one mentioned distortion on tracks 1 and 3 which disappeared when he changed carts.

There where a few reports of warped discs though.

It’s the last track of side 1 where there’s a drop out in the higher frequencies on the left channel.