What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Ok I’ll let you know once I’ve checked hopefully it’s isolated to your copy and you can exchange it.

Complete Mahler Symphonies (1-9, 16 LPs). Complete Brucker Symphonies (0 - 9, 12 LPs). Bernard Haitink/Concertgebouw Orchestra. All on Philips box sets from the 70s. I bought the Mahler used from a seller in The Netherlands. The Bruckner from a seller in Germany. The discs are all minty condition, and may have been played once or so, if at all.

5 Likes

Thanks for the information, I have been cautious because of the bad quality of the latest PG Live albums from his label. I am also thinking about ordering the CD but I will wait a while

2 Likes

Arrived today. The brilliant new recording from Night Dreamer records: Parallel Universe by Isaiah Collier. Must confess to having not heard of him before but I have every Night Dreamer release and enjoy them all. This is no exception.

3 Likes

Listened to side one right through and none of the problems you described on the last track.

Tommy Flanagan, John Coltrane, Kenny Burrell & Idrees Sulieman - The Cats, New Jazz/OJC. (2023)

Another excellent release from Craft’s Original Jazz Classics series. An exceptional line up playing exceptionally good music.

So happy this has been reissued it’s been a favourite from my earliest experiences with Jazz and am very happy to own it.

6 Likes

Tommy Flanagan, John Coltrane, Kenny Burrell & Idrees Sulieman - The Cats, New Jazz/OJC. (2023)

Another excellent release from Craft’s Original Jazz Classics series. An exceptional line up playing exceptionally good music.

So happy this has been reissued it’s been a favourite from my earliest experiences with Jazz and am very happy to own it.

4 Likes

Ramsey Lewis - Tobacco Road (1970)

This album was one of my father’s favourites. Since he played it quite frequently, I too got rather hooked. I have his copy now, but sadly it’s a bit tired, so I took the opportunity to buy another copy, which the seller described as EX/EX. For once I’m pleased to be able to agree with that. This album deserves a MoFi inner sleeve!

7 Likes

Never heard that Clive think I’ll give it a spin later. Thanks

Hey Bob, if you’re planning on searching for a version to stream, don’t bother because I don’t think it was ever released digitally. However, all five live tracks on here are from the album ‘Them Changes’, which IS available at least on Qobuz. Enjoy!

Edit: the three studio tracks, Tobacco Road, Hurt So Bad and Mi Compasion are taken from the album Wade in the Water, which is also on Qobuz.

2 Likes

Thank you indeed for taking the time to find that out Clive, very kind of you.

I don’t have Qobuz but found Wade in the Water on Tidal. I’m not usually a fan of Jazz artists covering 60’s pop but Ramsey Lewis does it a way that gives the songs a fresher and more soulful feel a very gifted band leader and pianist.

I don’t know if you are aware but Verve By Request /Third Man Records are releasing the Live Recording The In Crowd recorded at Bohemian Caverns in Washington DC really looking forward to that.

1 Like

Sonny Rollins - Newk’s Time. I’d been really looking forward to receiving this reissue from the Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series and I’m not disappointed. Bar missing just the nth degree of freshness (not surprising after so long on the tape and after how many plays??) It’s pretty much perfect. And another perfect pressing from Optimal, which is really encouraging!

12 Likes

I have had this on CD for a long time and I thought it deserved to be listened to on the LP12 etc. I was not wrong.

10 Likes

Currently £11.87 on Amazon uk

15 Likes

Thanks, just bought :smiley:

2 Likes

Oooo… might have to get that one then🙂

1 Like

This came this morning, recommended to me, can’t wait to spin it!!

3 Likes

I have this pre order but not released until late January so you’re lucky. Please let us know how it sounds.

1 Like

I did the same and got it today !! Try BBE website that’s where I got it from .

1 Like

If you’ve already ordered ignore!!

1 Like