What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

And Tidal
Thanks
Martin

Grant Green - Green Street.

2023 edition released yesterday by Blue Note. It’s a very clean pressing and sound wonderful.

10 Likes

Same here @Graeme :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Got this one on release day (8/12/23) but has taken until now to get decent copies of all four LP’s unfortunately… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

IMG_0742

Three of the four LP’s had passages of loud repetitive clicking noises, Burning Shed have been excellent though in sending replacement copies of the defective LP’s without me having to return anything.
I did have to send them a couple of video clips so they could see/hear the defects, not a problem though… :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Just arrived here this afternoon! :saxophone: :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

10 Likes

Jackie McLean - Demon’s Dance. Just giving this recent Tone Poet reissue a spin and very pleased with it indeed. An excellent album done full justice by Kevin Gray’s cut, perfectly pressed by RTI. The gorgeous glossy Gatefold tip-on sleeve is the icing. Top notch!

13 Likes

Found this new in our new, and very small, local vinyl shop. It’s the Steven Wilson remix. Somehow I’d missed this album all together despite my love for early English prog. Lovely gatefold sleeve and perfect pressing.

20 Likes

Am I right in thinking that King Crimson’s first public show was as support for The Stones in Hyde Park after Brian Jones’ death (Jagger wearing an all white costume, etc)?

The short answer is no, Graham. Their first gigs were in April 1969 and Hyde Park was in July. I saw them in Oxford a month before that and they were amazing. You need this for more detail.

1 Like

I’m glad someone else answered that, as I’m way to young to know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well, then, you are a very lucky chap, but you must allow ageing dinosaurs like me to roam the site occasionally, in search of a few tasty morsels.

3 Likes

13 Likes

I love that Supertramp album, it’s in my collection, and a real gem.

2 Likes

Love both of these.
Both of them are in my collection bought at time of release😊

2 Likes

Thank you both, I’ve managed to source some really nice copies second-hand :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This came today – is it any good @Bobthebuilder? Do you know it?

3 Likes

Probably my last vinyl purchase of the year. Been streaming it a while now and finally decided to risk the transatlantic shipping… it turned up entirely unblemished! Couldn’t find a UK supplier and discogs prices were silly money so I bought it straight from the artist’s website (should have looked there first)

Protoje, Third Time’s The Charm.

… thanks @Dreadatthecontrols - a fair few entries in my collection now down to your recommendations

2 Likes

I have the original but am waiting for my copy of this as it contains some extra tracks. If you like Chet’s sound you’ll love it if you’re not a fan then Phillip Catherine the excellent Belgian guitarist might sway it for you.

At this point with Chet it is important to mention that he is high 24/7 and it infuses his music completely with a slow, softly spoken, dreamy beat that us fans love. This is late night, lights down Jazz and Phillip Catherine compliments that beautifully.

2 Likes

I’ve got a few of these Analogue Productions Prestige jazz reissues, Groovin’ With Golson is the latest.

3 Likes

Peter Gabriel - i/o. Just giving the first (bright-side mix) LP a spin. Sounds really, really good, lovely lyric and artwork booklet, and (so far) pretty much faultless Pallas pressing. It will be interesting to play the dark-side mixes after this.

8 Likes