What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Kate Bush Remastered in Vinyl 4 boxset. I saw this for a good price online and it was delivered today. I’m looking forward to listening to it.

12 Likes

Just landed from Amazon.de

4 Likes

Set the controls for the heart of the sundaze

7 Likes

Excellent choices. Some have found my love of Self portrait to be amusing but I love it. Another self portrait box set also very good. Obscured by clouds one of my favourite Floyd albums but would not recommend the film.

2 Likes

I love Self Portrait too and have it on CD and SACD but fancied the Sundazed second press and it was on Amazon for £20.

OBC is another I’ve got on CD and an old EMI cassette I bought in the 70’s. The film is indeed trash!

1 Like

RE 2019 (50th anniversary)

14 Likes

Picking up some re-issues I missed relatively cheaply

7 Likes

Jimi Hendrix. Band of gypsys. 50th anniversary.

11 Likes

John Coltrane. Blue train.

8 Likes

Just arrived. Possibly my favourite Ella.
Why do I get niggled that they changed the name of the album for the CD?

7 Likes

You’ve been busy shopping while on sabbatical, haven’t you?:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I won’t ask why but glad you’re back. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ve got that chap and wonderful it is too. Hope you’ve got a vinyl copy of White Knight? Best thing Todd has done for many a year.

1 Like

Fine re-recordings of EG’s repertoire late in his career. Excellent value double vinyl in heavy duty sleeve and insert. Yes - of course Misty is included.

3 Likes

Are you enjoying it? Saw her on YouTube with Welcome Me To The City Of Angels, one of my favourite Baez tracks

1 Like

31Z2SXOesVL._AC_1

A single? Really? A single? Well - I’ve been waiting to get a mint copy of Overnight Sensation for so long - and now I’ve got one thank you very much. Raspberries vinyl is oh so difficult to obtain these days.
This is a powerpop masterpiece of epic proportions. And don’t take my word for it - Mr Lennon also thought so. They don’t make 'em like this any more.

2 Likes

Raspberries. Great track from underrated band.

Destination Rachmaninov: Arrival. Daniil Trifonov, piano. The Philadelphia Orchestra, Yannick Nézet-Séguin. Will give it a proper listening tonight.

Claude

3 Likes

Just arrived – the big Charles Lloyd box set: 3 LPs, 2 CDs, DVD, book, prints, signed, numbered etc:

6 Likes

Nightwish - Human Nature

I was lucky to get the limited brown(!) vinyl. Amazing album and a very fine pressing.

4 Likes