What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Interestingly I thought the UK would be hard to beat, but felt it sounded best on one of the Sondeks or the Garrard. However, on the RP10 it was perhaps the Intervention that won through, the UK sounding very exciting but perhaps just a tiny bit unbalanced overall. I think the UK benefitted from the touch of extra warmth and body that the other decks brought. Tough call though, I’d be happy with either.

I didn’t know that Intervention did an Aja release. I know the Cisco, which was not so great. I felt the original US glossy heavy card gatefold AB1006 was definitely superior.

Just found my original post;

Maybe I did give it to the original after all…??!

2 Likes

Yes. Cisco release. But they are same people who oversee the project at Intervention. ( I forgot chap’s name. )

Ah yes. Was it Shane Buettner?

New album from Annette Askvik, in Norwegian…

2023 Bird Records 180g 45 rpm.

3 Likes

‘Pretzel Logic’ - Steely Dan

Snaffled a bargain at HMV today

13 Likes

5 lps & 3 cds from the excellent Tubeway2 records Bridgnorth.

Think these have been on order since summer time. Arrived today.

11 Likes

Do you keep your OBI strips?

1 Like

Generally yes, can’t think of any I haven’t.

1 Like

Does your Clear Spot have the embossed pvc sleeve, @Blackstar ? I have the US first copy with it, don’t know if the UK had that but the large flap looks similar (see below:US on the bottom, RSD on top). The record came with just a single thick card insert, the PVC being the clear cover.

Must admit I’ve only played disc 2 of the RSD (rough mixes etc) and have not compared the album itself. Must do that in light of your research.

Edit\ magnifying your photo I can see that it does! UK copy?

2 Likes

Yes, as you spotted!
It’s a UK 1st edition and plays lovely, plenty of depth and good well defined bass. Plastic sleeve has two slight, 2”, splits at bottom and sides but in very good condition. The card inner looks new. Played loud there’s some light surface noise between tracks but nothing that distracts from the listening. For £25 (inc post) I’m more than happy.

2 Likes

Mine too! Ordered on the 2nd May delivered Christmas Eve! Will be worth the waiy by all accounts.

1 Like

I couldn’t remember when I ordered but thought it must have been around May. I’d completely forgotten about them.

I bought these over the last few months and kept them for Christmas pressie to me :christmas_tree:

10 Likes

Amazon vouchers for Christmas! Just ordered:

6 Likes

A pair of records from Sam’s Records in Paris. Unbelievably delivered to UK one day after bein posted. Fantastic quality of records and covers. Big bill is in the room with me.
Recommendation from Mazzy in Seatle.

3 Likes

Thank you of real interest although very pricey!

Delighted with this superb Christmas present…
Portico Quartet, “Next Stop” 4 track EP (2022).

Interesting back story…
These four tracks were recorded on the back of the recording session for their last album, Monument (2021). They released these extra four tracks on a limited run on Vinyl.

Although you can find this EP on Qobuz and stream, I’ve struggled to find a vinyl copy. Well, my clever adult daughter only managed to track down a new and unused copy. She tells me it was a “warehouse find’, when she reached out and asked the band directly. Clever lady. Thanks a million. A gift to be cherished.

Happy listening to everyone this Christmas week.
R

6 Likes

9 Likes

And now it’s the turn of the Dark side mix…

Interesting. Obviously the same songs but subtly different. I may even prefer this one. Again though, what a stunning album from PG.

8 Likes