What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

@Richard.Dane I think I’m going to set up a playlist to listen to the bright side track, followed by the dark side one for each track, to compare them side by side.

1 Like

3 Likes

The Doors’ genius on guitar:

5 Likes

This very cool, laid-back Blue Note jazz LP also arrived today, which includes a rather wonderful version of ‘The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face’.

11 Likes

2023 Acoustic Sounds Series release… :sunglasses:
Currently reduced to £29.88 on ‘the river’ :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Vinyl bonanza from the postie this morning…

Just listening to the copy of DSOTM (50th remaster) - the quality is astounding! By far the best recording of the album I’ve heard. Also a stone cold bargain at £18.50.

Massive Attack up next, then time to ease into the evening with Archie. Niiiiice!

7 Likes

2023 Craft Recordings, Original Jazz Classics release… :grin: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Today I got some heavy rock from the seventies. Sounds great and a band I haven’t explored very much before.

6 Likes

‘Kimono My House’ - Sparks

Another bargain at HMV.

13 Likes

A fairly successful trip to the local HMV, all 3 for £56

6 Likes

‘Closure/Continuation’ - Porcupine Tree

Can’t say I bought it; rather a surprise (and welcome) gift waiting for me when I arrived home today.

On white vinyl.

8 Likes

Sufjan Stevens - Javelin. Nothing revolutionary here from SS, just more of the same. On first listen it’s good but so far not up to either Carrie & Lowell or Illinoise. It may well need more play. Nice pressing on “lemonade” vinyl.

3 Likes

Arrived yesterday J.J. Cale Tulsa Sound Box Set. Every record flat and in immaculate condition. Already listened to the fist five albums and they sound superb.

9 Likes

Bought from HMV using a Xmas gift voucher. My sister can now relax about me borrowing her original 1970 pressing!

15 Likes

10 Likes

Tidal can do that for you!

1 Like

Great album. Great cover photo too - always reminds me of Butch and Sundance and their Hole In The Wall gang!

1 Like

Terrific stuff! I remember Sir Henry from John Peel’s radio programme. I’ve just seen that Viv Stanshall is on Qobuz too. Once Sarah Walker’s programme has finished I shall be visiting Rawlinson’s End.

1 Like

Maybe influenced the album cover of Desperado…

Yes, I hadn’t thought of that.

1 Like